Cars you just dont understand

I?d like to see you take a long distance trip in a Subbie, aches, pains and just plain fatigue within the hour. Too harsh of a car to be really user friendly.

Unless you are talking strictly about an Impreza I am going to rip your head off.

With that said, second hand Subaru's for the most part are fat pigs. They are heavy and slow, unless tuned well. Not all are overtuned or raced so much that the engine will blow, because most of us are sensible people that respect our cars and know not to do that.

built? maybe engine reliability, but the golfs are better built as far as interior quality, fit and finish, although the subaru isn't that bad, also the newest impreza vs the newest GTI/R32 i do believe the golf actually has less issues with suspension geometry, for some reason subaru just doesn't want to fix their cars

To be honest, Subaru doesn't have the money to "fix" their cars. The next gen Impreza is merely a smaller Legacy, not a totally newly developed car. Why do you think all Subaru parts are interchangeable between the Legacy/Impreza/Forester?

[/subaru fanboy rant]

Last edited:
Lancer Evolutions. true, there's performance and looks, but it's the cars computer that does the driving and takes care of the handling, not the driver.

That's not exactly true.

M-B flagships: they look sporty, they pack huge power, but they also weight as much as aircraft carrier.. and exactly same car can be found with a economical diesel?! good job.. same goes for BMW.

Those are sophisticated diesel engines which aren't a statement
of the driver being a cheapskate, but of the company being advanced
and making a diesel tech perfection.

I know what the people on Top Gear said, but those are meant to be funny.

Fiat multipla: nuff said..

It is ugly, but it's quite usable.

Audi A2: no quattro available, no sporty engines = fail. why did they even bother?

It was way too expensive, I suppose it wasn't as much a
honest attempt at the market, as it was a sort of testing ground
for future models of all the VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat empire.

The E-Type is the most gorgeous car ever made

i beg to differ
Mercedes%20300%20SL%201955.jpg

i think the e-type is a gorgeous car, but maybe not the best looking car ever.

i personally can't understand people who don't understand 4x4s. especially Land Rovers. they are built for a working purpose, unlike most new 4x4s which are just built as big road hoggers. and they have proper mechanics. they are one of the few cars you can buy bits for and bolt them on yourself...

i personally can't understand people who don't understand 4x4s. especially Land Rovers. they are built for a working purpose, unlike most new 4x4s which are just built as big road hoggers. and they have proper mechanics. they are one of the few cars you can buy bits for and bolt them on yourself...

Well, I think 4x4's got the bad rep from people who drive 'em but don't really need them at all.

People who really need 4x4's drive a Land Rover, Lada Niva, and some old
Nissan Patrol or Toyota Landcruiser or Hilux.

Having said that, I'd gladly drive a Range Rover.

VW Golf R32. I mean who buys that? For that money you can buy a proper secondhand Subaru.

No, Sadly if i bought the Subaru I would have to spend four or five pounds on a burberry hat, and at least five grand on Subaru fanboy merchandise. Also I would loose any class I gained from buying the very swish R32.

The original Humvee, the military version, is one hell of a machine. Anything else, i'd agree with you. The list of SUVs I don't actually see as pointless is tiny. The most pointless vehicle to me would be something akin to the early '90s Civics with non-vtec SOHC engines and slushboxes. I have never driven anything more mind-numbingly uninspiring.

The military spec original humvee is completely pointless on city streets, parking lots, and neighborhoods, and they are the only place i see them!

Ed

99% of people that drive stupid SUVs do not need them.
You know that is true. Allso it is true that if... say a farmer wants a car he can go and use it for work he doesnt buy a brand new SUV. He buys the cheapest possible TRUCK with ok ground clearance. He will not be afraid to scratch the paint.

What prooves that SUVs are pointless and stupid is that there are these "sporty" versions. Lower ground clearance, no towing hook and it weighs the same as the damn moon. ;) SUVs will never be sporty. Escalades, Hummers and such crap mobiles do not belong on the road.

99% of people that drive stupid SUVs do not need them.
You know that is true. Allso it is true that if... say a farmer wants a car he can go and use it for work he doesnt buy a brand new SUV. He buys the cheapest possible TRUCK with ok ground clearance. He will not be afraid to scratch the paint.

If you mean truck as in pickup...this may well be true in the US.

However, across the pond pickups are far and few between, and I doubt it'd even cross a farmer's mind to think of buying one.

Standard working farm vehicle over here would be a Land Rover Defender or possibly a Toyota Land Cruiser.

Standard working farm vehicle over here would be a Land Rover Defender or possibly a Toyota Land Cruiser.

Yes. But do they have gloss paint? :) Chrome bits everywhere? Sport suspension?
Well... atleast in Finland SUVs are useless and most of them are too big for city roads anyway. I've seen an Escalade drive around here... allso a Hummer H2 or H3. They are way too big. Too pricey but I have to admit. I loved the view when a small 150cm tall skinny blonde literally jumped behind the wheel in the Hummer. Took her 5minutes to reverse out of the parking lot. :lol:

The military spec original humvee is completely pointless on city streets, parking lots, and neighborhoods, and they are the only place i see them!

Where else would you yourself see the vehicle?

Where else would you yourself see the vehicle?

offroad of course.

So youre basically saying ppl who take up unnecessary space in crowded urban areas with vehicles like that is ok? Thats BS, it's pointless and obnoxious.

Same thing with those stupid extreme lifted pickups.

Ed

offroad of course.

So youre basically saying ppl who take up unnecessary space in crowded urban areas with vehicles like that is ok? Thats BS, it's pointless and obnoxious.

Same thing with those stupid extreme lifted pickups.

Ed

You drive a Legacy......there are smaller and more efficient vehicles. You don't need the vehicle but you want it.

You drive a Legacy......there are smaller and more efficient vehicles. You don't need the vehicle but you want it.

True, but youre going to tell me the purchase of a humvee for daily use on normal streets is as reasonable as driving a midsize sedan in the class of an accord? I'm interested if hearing your rationale, and don't tell me 'cause its a free country and we can drive whatever is road legal' backdoor answer but real spelled out practical reasons why owning something like that makes sense.

Um...is the "city" you live in Bagdad?

Once you get past what you need it is all the same. One man wants a sports car and the other wants an H1, same difference. But since the H1 and these sports cars are sold in low numbers their impact is limited. It is the Accords, Camrys, Civics, and such that are causing the greatest share of automotive pollution.