Question about the stage of top gear

tylerg

I was curious, i searched and could not find the answer.

What kind of car are the sofa's and seat from that clarkson and the boys sit on each week...????????????????

i want to make a sofa like theirs/
is it a volvo? or...?

thanks
always love the forum
even though i am a bit of a lurker.

don't know if anybody ever concluded what its from, but i believe it has been discussed before, i do believe its NOT a volvo, but i really never cared to try and find out

I'm pretty sure that Jezza's char is from an Audi, but I could be wrong.

I thought it was the chairs he made from the Porsche 928 after the ?1500 challenge? I know he said he sold them but they looked similar enough, i never looked closely enough.

so no one really knows? need to get that man andy wilman in here.... i will search for an email for him.... i know in the ep with the cheap cars jezza talked about selling the seats but they had this furniture way before that.

I thought it was the chairs he made from the Porsche 928 after the ?1500 challenge? I know he said he sold them but they looked similar enough, i never looked closely enough.

No, i think the studio chairs existed before the porche challenge, prob made by the same ppl tho

Ed

Don't think they're from the Porsche challenge but they did change style early on, maybe in series 2 or 3. If I remember correctly the seats used in the forst series were smaller and more or a 60's bucket seat design. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.:)

Those are from an Opel Senator B. Or the Vauxhall equivalent, whatever it was called. Been there from the episode 1x03 of "new top gear".

sofa's made from cars rock

my mates picked up the entire interior of a Saab 9000 i think. all genuine leather, with the front two being electrically adjustable. ?50 from the scrappy.

took em back home and welded some frames to them and also later on hooked up the electrics. they are comfy and awesome

Those are from an Opel Senator B. Or the Vauxhall equivalent, whatever it was called. Been there from the episode 1x03 of "new top gear".

Thank you for clearing that up.