Battlefield: Bad Company - Teaser

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Teaser: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17334&type=mov
HD Teaser: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17335&type=mov

Battlefield: Bad Company (abbreviated BFBC) is a first-person shooter under development by Digital Illusions CE. Currently planned for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, Bad Company will be the first Battlefield game to be developed specifically for next-gen consoles. More information about the PC and PlayStation Portable versions are speculated and may be presented at a later time. It is expected to be released in 2007. A teaser trailer was released on February 28, 2007 displaying destructible environments and gameplay visuals.

Destructible Environments
One of the new features exclusive to Bad Company will be the addition of 90% destructible environments. Most of the terrain will be able to be destroyed, enabling players to create strategies with this new opportunity. For example, snipers might be able to blow away a corner of a building so that they could use that section as a place from which to fire. This does not mean that they are invincible, however. Vehicles such as tanks will have the firepower to destroy many of these buildings, encouraging the player to retreat and find another strategic point. How important this feature will be in the game is still unknown.

Squads
In a move similar to Battlefield 2142, the amount of soldier classes will be lowered, resulting in a combination of the classic soldier classes. This will create "new loadouts of weapons and equipment."

Weapons
Available weapons are currently unknown, but they will likely contain modern favorites as well as some new concepts based on future weaponry, such as the XM8 carbine with an M320 grenade launcher that is shown in a few of the screenshots. Also in the magazine "PLAYSTATION", it has a screenshot of the player holding a bazooka and the M8 assault rifle.

Ironsight
Ironsight is an aiming mode to be featured in the game, as it was in Battlefield 2. Aiming in Bad Company will now cause your firing direction to move in random directions to take away repetitive fire, just as it would work in real life. Using Ironsight will help to improve a player's aim, causing the player to focus on his target and temporarily blur out surrounding objects.

Gameplay Modes
Well-known for its popular multiplayer support, DICE will take on a different strategy for this game and focus additionally on the single-player component, while still maintaining the multiplayer features expected from a Battlefield game.

Single Player
While not much is revealed at the moment, the story, which takes place "just a few years into the future," involves a group of four AWOL soldiers fighting for money as well as payback. Their adventures will take place in locations such as Eastern Europe and other locations around the world. Whether or not the plot will involve the world's superpower armies is yet to be seen.

Characters
Haggard is a soldier who apparently has a careless personality, shown by his amazement at his ability to "blow up anything." After discovering this fact from the narrator, he aimlessly fires at two buildings and before taking out the cameraman. He considers himself and the sergeant to be a great team.
The currently nameless Sarge, Haggard's superior officer, has a more serious attitude toward whatever situation he is in, although he still has a somewhat prideful personality, using the war as a way to obtain "gold, revenge, and whatever's worth fighting for."

Multiplayer
Multiplayer mode will support up to 24 players though some sources are hinting 50 players, the same amount as Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. Revealed screenshots hint that battles will take place in environments similar to Battlefield 2. Example locations will include towns and tropical areas. Recent screenshot confirms the return of the US HMMWV, tanks, and helicopters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield:_Bad_Company

Bfbc_image.jpg

Bfbc_scans.jpg

The Battlefield series is dead to me.

Includes the new level "Feel Like Makin' Love"

Looks good :D

But I'm still hooked on BF2!

Question about the fully destructable environments - how many things can I destroy before the game crashes to desktop (assuming they keep that BF2 feature)?

Question about the fully destructable environments - how many things can I destroy before the game crashes to desktop (assuming they keep that BF2 feature)?

Bad Company (abbreviated BFBC) is a first-person shooter under development by Digital Illusions CE. Currently planned for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3

This is mainly a console game.

So how many things can you destroy before your console locks up and has to be hardbooted?

Ah - I thought there was going to be a PC port. :(

For now I guess I will stick to the ever-dwindling list of ranked servers hosting BF2...

Ah - I thought there was going to be a PC port. :(

For now I guess I will stick to the ever-dwindling list of ranked servers hosting BF2...

I think 2,640 are enough to keep everyone busy :)

The jokes on the trailer were corny, but the in-game footage looks pretty amazing :shock2:

FS! Why do so many games come out on consoles, but not pc?
FPS games are crap to play on consoles:/

Rumor is that it'll get ported to the PC similar to the way in which Rainbow Six Vegas was recently.