Test Drive Unlimited

That won't work online, right?

Amazon tells me mine will arrive in a week or so..

Yeah, the rt12 is a great car, I mostly play with it...

About the speedo: Never really noticed, so its not a big deal for me.
Wheels: Don't know what you mean, looks just fine for me!

8 people: Yeah, the online experience could be better... And by better I mean: A LOT easier to use. A proper filter, a good friends list... And so on...
I mean, in some areas like the city center on the loooong 5 lane straight, you can't have 200 people within visibility ;-)

wheel animations just dont look slick to me. look at PGR3 then go look at TDU. at high speeds its crap. some cars do have decent wheel animation. others its complete garbage.

also a wierd one on the maser..... 3 wheels rotate in the correct direction, the FR rotates in the oposite direction lol.

oh yeah, i tried to hook up with a friend in the game, if they are moving when you try to beam to them forget it. by the time your transported and then hooked to a server hes gone. or your hooked to a different server to which your friend isnt. lots of lag issues too.

im not after bajillions of people infront of me, hell 16 players would be nice.

Stupid game, it starts and crashes immediately. It shows a white small screen, then it goes fullscreen black, then the small white screen again and crashes.

most likley graphic card problems? Works pretty good for me, even though it has the same bugs as the open beta, doesn't contain the downloadable stuff which is on the 360 for 2 months and seems to perform a bit worse than th open beta... Weird.
Also, I didn't need a key to play it, the open beta key works for offline play... WTF? How could they forget stuff like that?

No, I fixed it by DISABLING MY GAMEPORT (*doh*). I played it offline a little bit.....this game is like midtown madness....I don?t know where all my graphic power goes (I can play 1280*1024 4x FSAA), it doesn?t look better than flatout 2 . The cars look nice, the rest is boring. The sound comes from the left only, stupid. KI is stupid, I can beat a 350 Z Nismo with a stock Saturn Sky.....because the AI slams into the traffic. Idea is really good, but the game doesn?t convince me.

^ Sound is really bad, surprisingly. It was/is great on the 360...

Somehow its not as much fun as it is on the 360... I really have to get my wheel and try it... Still loving it!

The AI really pisses me off. I drove REALLY FAST, came flying over a hilltop, much space in front of me, suddenly a van drives on a straight road without a crossroad STRAIGHT into the oncoming traffic causing a 5 car accident right in front of me which I of course hit, as I was airborne. This sucks.

i'm still waitiing for the damn game to come out lol. :D i want to see if they have fixed the bad performance bug. framerates were very unstable for me in the beta.

They didn't fix any bugs, AFAIK, just worked on the network stability and performance...
At leastthe bugs I reported are still there, and performance is actually worse for me now, compared to the beta...

I finally became a master again, and guess what made it to the PC version: The Pro mode.
http://img251.imageshack.**/img251/893/tdupk8.th.jpg

But all it does besides that G-meter, is make you skid all over the place. Once you started to slide, there is no stopping, just like on ice. So I guess, I won't be using that mode a lot. I hope they work on that...

I tried it out today again........HOW ON EARTH can you evade the cops in offline mode on level 3? as hiding in woods doesn?t count or going backwards in one way streets....they took ~120.000$ from me, what SUCKS. What is this?

how on erath did you get on level 3?:rolleyes:

i just got to level 2 one by accident...usually i never get past 1.

Quite Easy. Crash into a policecar by accident, run for it, a stupid AI driver causes a crash, you hit it, you run for it again, your corvette starts sliding and jumping on the bumpy road, you can?t avoid hitting a guy who does a lanechange, hello level 3.

Actually I think, evading the 3 star police is impossible. Only if you are in a race and finish it...
Plus you have to drive to get rid of the stars, just hiding in the bushes doesn't do you any good. Advantage of buying it: Online, there is no police, at least on the 360...

Just aquired this game a few days ago (PC version), it's pretty fun. I'm about 20% complete. Just a questions, for the hitchhiker missions, what car is the best to use? And does the PC version come with the Skyline GT-R or is that a download? Thanks.

skyline will probably become downloadable in some time.

as for the hitchhiker missions...any fast car will be good...

I'm using a Saleen S7 Stage 3 (1000hp), but it's kinda hard to control, so the hitchhiker usually get off the car after a few crashes.

When did they change the tuning shops? I used to buy the Stage 3 tuning for all of my cars, but now I have to buy Stage 1 then Stage 2 first in order to get Stage 3.