Your first memory of cars

my dad's 1972 VW Super Beetle ftw...ha

I remember my dad having a little Chevy S10 pickup and letting me shift the gears when I was 4. When I was 6 or 7 he got a late '70s Oldsmobile Cutlass with dual exhaust on it. I was all about V8s for years after that lol. I also had a mess of Hot Wheels cars, with all the tracks and crap they had. I'd tape bottle rockets on them for the 4th of July lol.

My first car memory is from riding on my uncle's BMW 1602. He drove it like a maniac, or at least that's how i remember it. I grew up loving that car.

Some years ago,my dad bought one, and it was a dream come true being able to drive it. He eventually traded it for a motorbike with sidecar, something i haven't forgave him. And which lead me to sort of hate bikes (though i like some, like the Ducati).

I have allways liked the smell of gas... :)
That is my first memory. No I don't burn down houses or churches and I do not stick my nose to the fuel cap... I just like the smell. :p

sitting in my dads old fairlane outside the corner shop being amazed by the electric ariel.

Hot Wheels and Matchbox. I used to throw them in the sand and bury them. Then my parents got me one of those little electric Jeep things like this one:
262589421_fab179b061_m.jpg

My dad took me for a ride in his '68 440 GTX, went out to the highway and opened it right up. I distinctly remember sitting there with en enormous grin on my face while I was being mashed into my seat.

When I was four my parents took me for the first time to the cinema. In the movie (comedie) a car was being mistaken for garbage and was therefor put in a garbagetruck... I started crying because the car was being wrecked. Meanwhile my brother (older) was jumping in his seat and laughing.
For some odd reason my parents decided to wait a couple of years before taking us back to the movies. That was the first noticeable manifestation of my fascination with cars.
+
The comic "Robbedoes en Kwabbernoot" (dutch title) (= "Spirou et Fantasio" (french title)) album nr 21 (1971) in which a Porsche 911 can't keep up with a Duesenberg Model J. This image is burned in my memory and sparked my interest in classic cars. Even today this exact same model Duesenberg still remains my all time favourite car...

I also got an electric jeep but in red, I remembered trying to fix that thing I thought that something was not working, fast forward a couple of years, I learned that nothing was broken it only needed charging. either this was my first memory of cars or it might be our family's Buick skylark, It was a 2 door v6 and color red, it was chopped in to pieces 3-5 years ago, I missed that car even though it wasnt a very good one. It was like a mini tank, a bit heavy and slow but it really felt comfortable riding in it.

I got interested in Cars about the Age of 8 or 9 on Camping Holiday with my Parents. Some Kid starting messing about his Dads car would be the best and coolest on earth (a Merc Diesel, and we are talking mid-80ies here).
I totally thought he was wrong and my Dads cars was much cooler (wich it wasn?t, even compared to the boring Merc), and tried to find arguments. I couldnt find any*.
So after that I startet looking at all Cars, judgng them if they were cooler than my Dads (wich they all were kind of).
So, kind of all the wrong Reasons to get interestet in Cars (to impress some stupid Kid who thouht a Merc was "cool") :D

* now I know my Dads Car back then got designed by old Designgod Pininfarina himself, would habe been a Killerargument, but back then Pininfarina didn?t have Badges on the Cars he designed, so no one knew.

Now you might be woundering what Car i am talking about here ... well ... try not to laugh to hard :D http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/CasualAds_images/6967b1b4-0d05-40ed-8913-6d4b28b13d01_1_m.jpg
We had it in Bronze ...:rolleyes: