Someone in England....

Carling Black Label is my favourite!! My local bottle shop gets it in every month :)

And then you get that horrid Ringnes crapcan, or any of the likes which are all dreadfull...

that's why I only buy beer at Meny, because there they have all the good ones like Newcastle, Guinnes etc...

I do agree. But to be honest, I quite like Lysholmer Ice, even though it's lager. It's the only lager I actually like, weirdly enough.

But my God, Newcastle is just so nice beer.

Dude, there are dozens of microbrews within 100 miles of Erie, you don't need good beer sent from England. I'm sure you can find something by these guys To your liking. Their "Extraordinary Ale" is excellent, it's an American Pale Ale. Also try their Harvest Ale (if you can still get it this time of year). Their "Un-Earthly" IPA is probably what you are looking for.

Then there is Flying Bison Brewery, pretty much everything from them is excellent, especially Barnstormer Pale Ale. If you can find it try their Blackbird Oatmeal Stout, no stout anywhere in the world comes close (IMHO) and it's brewed 90 miles from you.

Yes, I'm a beer snob :) I try all kinds, I make my own beer too :cheers:

Dude, there are dozens of microbrews within 100 miles of Erie, you don't need good beer sent from England. I'm sure you can find something by these guys To your liking. Their "Extraordinary Ale" is excellent, it's an American Pale Ale. Also try their Harvest Ale (if you can still get it this time of year). Their "Un-Earthly" IPA is probably what you are looking for.

Then there is Flying Bison Brewery, pretty much everything from them is excellent, especially Barnstormer Pale Ale. If you can find it try their Blackbird Oatmeal Stout, no stout anywhere in the world comes close (IMHO) and it's brewed 90 miles from you.

Yes, I'm a beer snob :) I try all kinds, I make my own beer too :cheers:

I'm gonna be making my own beer when I move next week. Any tips for me?

I make my own beer too :cheers:

long time ago my dad used to make beer as well (don't remember though, was to small) he still has all his equipment

until a few years he made wine as well, from everything: grapes, pumpkins, tomatoes, ...

I'm gonna be making my own beer when I move next week. Any tips for me?

Make sure everything is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! Brewers shops sell this oxygen cleanser that sterilizes all your equipment. It's the most important part. Other than that, just pick out some pre-made kits that interest you, follow the instructions exactly, and then experiment.

I buy my stuff from these guys...

http://www.nthomebrew.com/catalog/

long time ago my dad used to make beer as well (don't remember though, was to small) he still has all his equipment

until a few years he made wine as well, from everything: grapes, pumpkins, tomatoes, ...

I'm going to try making wine at some point.

Bah, think I'll just destill my own booz.

It's all about the microbrews.

<-- lives in basically the microbrew capital of the world

Love my Newcastle, and I am also lucky that I live near this fine store.

good lol, we'll ship it all to you

newcastle brown ale isnt very nice

boddingtons aint bad tho. but im not really a beer man, more a larger man with some ciders on the side (magners)

usually drink fosters, stella, heineken, grolsch, and when in a local 'spoons i must always buy one of the imported jobs.... the polish one they sell is nice.

Carling Black Label is my favourite!! My local bottle shop gets it in every month :)

lol and aussies say fosters is bad

carling is canned fizzy piss. the choice of the poor football hooligan who cant afford stella.

Lager is carbonated water with a splash of beer taste.

Not nice.

Lager is carbonated water with a splash of beer taste.

Not nice.

Yeah. And it seems every beer brewing nation has their version of piss water, or as I like to call them "_________'s Budweiser". They all taste pretty much the same.
Canada has Molson
Mexico has Corona
Germany has Warsteiner
The Netherlands has Heinekin (why is every bottle I open skunky? Is it the green glass and old beer?)
England has Carling (never tried it though, so I can't really comment)
Australia has Fosters.

There are some lagers I like though; Harp, Red Stripe, Yuengling, and of course Buffalo Lager (which tastes NOTHING like mass produced lager, it's more of an ale, but of course, it's a microbrew)

Last edited:
Belgium has Heinekin (why is every bottle I open skunky? Is it the green glass and old beer?)

Um, Heineken is Dutch, and no i'm not proud of that fact.

Um, Heineken is Dutch, and no i'm not proud of that fact.

Oh, sorry :) I must have had Hoegaarden on the brain when I typed that, which would be on my "Best mass produced beer" list :) Great stuff. I'll edit my post

There are some lagers I like though; Harp, Red Stripe, Yuengling, and of course Buffalo Lager (which tastes NOTHING like mass produced lager, it's more of an ale, but of course, it's a microbrew)

Yuengling is a good lager. I'm not sure if they have it in Nashville (where I move to next week) so I'm taking a case down with me.