American LeMans 12 hours of Sebring this weekend

GT2 down to the wire right now...

GT2 Finish

GT2 Finish

WOW!

What a finish!
12 hours and it comes down to the last corner.
Ferrari over Porsche in GT2.
Wow.

Ok. F1 time now.

The last drag race was awesome! I was rooting for the Ferrari!

GT2 Finish

GT2 Finish

You could see it coming.
The Risi Competizione Ferrari had the outside line on corner entry making it easy to duck under the Porshe on corner exit. Then they went all Nascar on each other.

Brilliant

WOW, what a finish! Melo was amazing at the end.

WOW!

What a finish!
12 hours and it comes down to the last corner.
Ferrari over Porsche in GT2.
Wow.

Ok. F1 time now.
Whoops, I flipped it over to the NCAA tourney with about 5min left thinking nothing was gonna happen :?

I wish that Speed TV would show flag to flag coverage instead of cutting away to Nascar practice. Speed TV frustrates me. I would like to see a second channel such as Speed TV2 to cover other series in season rather than showing us German Touring cars two months after their season ended.

speed tv is owned by fox i believe.

which has a major stake in nascar.

typical corporate BS getting in the way.

but what a great race :D

If anyone belong to a certain torrent community, my friend hass upped the first 2 hours, and will be upping the rest.

I've been to an ALMS race once, it was fantastic.

I have been going to the ALMS race at Road America since 2002, by far last year was the best, with the weird, quiet Audi's and the Corvette versus Aston action. For a while the Corvette and Astons were bunched together, and oh! what a wonderful, operatic singing duo of two completely different engines.

the finish is up on youtube
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL2HF-sFLnc[/youtube]
amazing stuff.

there was a small drag race to finish between alonso and shumacher last season. not sure which track it was in. i think it was in brazil.

you mean 2006?

That was in Turkey

I wish that Speed TV would show flag to flag coverage instead of cutting away to Nascar practice. Speed TV frustrates me. I would like to see a second channel such as Speed TV2 to cover other series in season rather than showing us German Touring cars two months after their season ended.
speed channel, formerly known as speedvision, used to be awesome! there was plentiful coverage of f1, cart, irl, and other open-wheeled series. we got wrc, aussie v8, le mans, american le mans, scca racing, british road car racing, dtm, and even formula truck racing. it wasn't limited just motorsports either. anything to do with speed was on there, like skeleton (crazy as shit). one of the best things about speedvision was the "speedvision world challenge", a touring and grand touring racing series. it's now called "speed world challenge", but it doesn't get nearly enough coverage on the channel for which it is named. and fifth gear used to be on there as well.

the channel went to shit when news corp (own's fox) bought speedvision. their plan from the beginning was to change the format to 24-hours of nascar.:mad: "speed channel" dropped alot of things speedvision used to cover. i just don't understand it. at the time, nascar already had more than enough coverage on like 4 networks. why did they need to take away the ONE FUCKING CHANNEL devoted to REAL RACING?!?!?! i guess we should've all seen it coming from the beginning. speedvision/speed channel has always been based in charlotte, north carolina, the mecca of nascar.

speedvision was my absolute favorite channel. it dominated atleast 70% of my tv watching. i now watch speed channel maybe 1-2 hours a week.

[/rant]

Last edited:
speed channel, formerly known as speedvision, used to be awesome! there was plentiful coverage of f1, cart, irl, and other open-wheeled series. we got wrc, aussie v8, le mans, american le mans, scca racing, british road car racing, dtm, and even formula truck racing. it wasn't limited just motorsports either. anything to do with speed was on there, like skeleton (crazy as shit). one of the best things about speedvision was the "speedvision world challenge", a touring and grand touring racing series. it's now called "speed world challenge", but it doesn't get nearly enough coverage on the channel for which it is named. and fifth gear used to be on there as well.

the channel went to shit when news corp (own's fox) bought speedvision. their plan from the beginning was to change the format to 24-hours of nascar.:mad: "speed channel" dropped alot of things speedvision used to cover. i just don't understand it. at the time, nascar already had more than enough coverage on like 4 networks. why did they need to take away the ONE FUCKING CHANNEL devoted to REAL RACING?!?!?! i guess we should've all seen it coming from the beginning. speedvision/speed channel has always been based in charlotte, north carolina, the mecca of nascar.

speedvision was my absolute favorite channel. it dominated atleast 70% of my tv watching. i now watch speed channel maybe 1-2 hours a week.

[/rant]

I started watching SPEED only last year, just for the F1 races. Sometimes watch parts of ALMS if I'm bored. But that's it. Where is WRC? Not sure if they show the real Lemans... It's all mostly shitty NASCAR.

EDIT: when F1 is over for the 5 months, I just cancel my coverage to save the extra 5 box a month.

Last edited:
during the day they often have touring car coverage. DTM, and Australian.

late at night they sometimes have FIA GT news as well.

F1 and ALMS is all i watch it for.