Top Gear of the Pops "Red Light" MP3

ttyrants911

Car(s)
Vectra 1.8VVT
Here is a rip of the Top Gear band song "Red Light Spells Danger" from the Comic Relief 'Top Gear of the Pops' for anyone who's interested
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pqspwr

Credits to my MSN buddy icklehamster:D

Cheers, but I'm only getting the left channel?

I downloaded and it sounds ok, but then i only have a bog standard sound system on my Pc. Sorry- it did sound ok to me.

haha god yeah, stuck my ear to the speaker! only left side. I'll speak to my mate and see if she can re-do it.

which was the song used for the introduction of the Top Gear of the Pops - the very first one during the introduction montage?

Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin, I believe.

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't find clear part of the original song for that wonderful rhythm. Probably I should search for instrumental version?!

What program do you use to rip audio from vid files?

Theoretically an avi-demuxing programme and an mp3-editing programme should suffice, but since I didn't have any of those (and couldn't be a***d looking for them) I demuxed it via an mpeg-encoder, edited the resulting audio file with a wave-editor and converted it with an mp3-encoder.
Why doing it the easy way if you can do it really complicated! ;)

That really is very complicated. Look here for an easy method.

How come? I don't even have a sound card and I can do it...

I've taken that soundcard from the previous computer - it's now 8 years old. When recording it adds additional and unwanted noises. Could be a hardware compatibility problem or a software (driver) problem and hunting down the source of a computer problem usually eats up quite a lot of time. Of course, I could revert to the onboard soundcard as you have, but that also means fiddling around with some settings/drivers etc. I just don't fancy doing that at the moment, cause I'm a bit lazy, so I work my way around it.

I wonder if we can get the full version from somewhere, to me the version that aired has lots of cuts in it. I guess they thought it was too boring to put everything in :p But I'm a perfectionist so it bugs me when I listen to it and it just cuts a whole verse out :(