be a grand prix driver

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
a loooooong time ago i saw a series hosted by vicky called "be a grand prix driver" where (in 6 episodes) they searched for a futur F1 driver, who was given a contract.

a dude (marc?) won, almost on his 1 leg, and they said we could expect him in F1 whitin 5 years

now, UK members, how is the dude? anyone heard anything of him? does he race something and is he still in the running to be an F1 driver?

must've been more than 5 years ago that the series aired

Yes, it would be interesting to find that out! BTW, does anyone have that series?

The competion is still going but I don't think it's broadcast on TV anymore. I entered for the 2nd year but didn't get past the regionals. Should be able to this time, but it's pretty geared towards who they want to win rather than the fastest. The first one was very much 'wow she's pretty isn't she...let's put her through instead of the bloke who was 2s faster than everyone else!'

I've raced against Mr Johnston in the University National Champs. Nice guy, but not incredibly fast :p...well not in karts anyway...but tbh it doesn't mean that much as some people who are amazing in a car aren't that great in a kart. One of my teammates last year raced in the Spa24hrs for TVR and won the Caterham Superlight Championship and I was faster than him at times :O

This guy http://www.jamesgornall.com/ is by far the best driver I know :D I'd watch out for him in the future :)

like 4 years ago, the redbull team had a search to find an american f1 driver. they found scott speed. how perfect of a name is that? it sounds like a super hero's name.

like 4 years ago, the redbull team had a search to find an american f1 driver. they found scott speed. how perfect of a name is that? it sounds like a super hero's name.

Shame he's shit.

i don't care. i'm just happy there's finally an american driver in formula 1 again. we gotta starter (over) from somewhere.

i don't care. i'm just happy there's finally an american driver in formula 1 again. we gotta starter (over) from somewhere.

He'll be gone, if he doesn't imporve this year...