2008 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG revealed

I like the looks.
Yanks better pray they change that CF to chrome. That will sell well there.
For the rest ofthe world, I hope they leave it as it is. :)
Err...oh, I get it. Because we're all attracted to shiny things, right?

I'd much rather see the CF console replaced with leather or wood.

Err...oh, I get it. Because we're all attracted to shiny things, right?

Most of the people on this oard complaining about the CF so far have been from the US. :)
And.. well it is no secret your car makers like their chrome ^_^ I like carbon fiber is trying to make its way into other cars that don't cost hundreds of thousands... tho it must be said Mercedes is not cheap. lol.

Last edited:
Most of the people on this oard complaining about the CF so far have been from the US. :)
And.. well it is no secret your car makers like their chrome ^_^ I like carbon fiber is trying to make its way into other cars that don't cost hundreds of thousands... tho it must be said Mercedes is not cheap. lol.

Yea because Benz really needs to have light weights bits of dashboard when the entire cars weighs nearly 5,000 lbs. Plus it looks so out of place.

But it isn't there to make the car lighter. Its there to make the car cooler and more sporty. I like it... soon manufacturers will hopefully offer trims that include CF. :)

But it isn't there to make the car lighter. Its there to make the car cooler and more sporty. I like it... soon manufacturers will hopefully offer trims that include CF. :)

CF neither makes your car cool nor sporty. Its a nearly $200K USD landboat that will be used to show off how much money you've got. When passengers ask the owner of the car what is that black stuff on the dash, he'll say that even more expensive cars are made out of whatever that stuff is. Then the passengers "oooh and aaah" and the owner is delighted that people like him for having a car that costs $200 grand with a bit of CF on the dash.

Our car makers? Which US car company (Ford, GM, Chrysler) likes to put carbon fiber in their cars? So far I've only seen the Germans do it. See if you can find some that do, I'm actually curious.

And no, the Pontiac Bonneville GXP's hideous dashboard vents can't count as anything:
05int.jpg

the engine is still the same is it not?...not that they need to/should make it more powerful, as we've seen what it was in the last version it was psycho...but the other mods should hopefully make it more easy 2 handle (the power) and car also:p...but it does look insanely nice

[sarcasm]Heh, they can only get 612 hp from a v12.:roflmao: [/sarcasm]

I always wanted to say that just once.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I thought when I read his post. The M6 isn't even really comparable with a CL550 or CL63... let alone the CL65. I always saw the M6 as a competitor to the SL.