New 2008 Subaru Impreza Photos

why have they put Mazda 6 front into the BMW 1-series and borrowed rear end from Focus II? :barf:

You know, I highly doubt that this is the end of story.

I think Subaru knows they need a proper 4-door version as the Impreza WRX.

I retouched the main photo, replacing the grill with a 2004-2005 version shaped to fit. I think just getting rid of the crappy chrome grill does wonders for the look of the car and its aggressiveness.

l_738975313150dc28240c83b135e0e3dd.jpg

JH

p.s. Retouched the color too, gotta have that World Rally Blue the right way.
Normally - here anyway - they sell a saloon (Sedan) and a hatch back. I will reserve final judgement until I see one in the flesh but the Photoshop did improve the appearance alot regarding what is on offer in this thread.

Well, according to people who supposedly know, there will be Sedan and Hatch versions of the WRX. However, The STI will be a hatch this time instead of a sedan. I believe they'll all be four dour though. I think they are going for the Hot Hatch view rather then then the Sport Wagon one this time. Something to compete with VW GTI, Mazda 3, and similar vehicles. I personally am very happy that the STI is a hatch this time, since I've always wanted a STI version of my WRX wagon. Too bad there is so much conjecture going on with what this thing will look like. Some version look badass, others are complete crap. Hopefully Subaru will just release some official pictures soon.

JH

^ The interior's a big improvement, but the rest of it really isn't grabbing me. The front in particular is pretty damn awful. Those taillights are ricetastic too...

the interior looks great. reminds me of an old E30 BMW with the way it curves at you like that. however. the exterior.. looks like :sick:

Subarus are sometimes cheap and nasty-looking, but this is ESPECIALLY cheap and nasty. Looks like a Korean box from 10 years ago; if you got rid of the scoop, I would have thought it was such. Those clear tailights are simply tacky and remind me a lot of the new Focus, which is equally disgusting. Hell, I'd rather take the Flying Vagina grille over this!

Subarus are supposed to be ugly yet loveable. This is way too ugly and not loveable enough.
:yucky:

What the hell is that. I don't want to look at things like that when I'm feeling fragile on a Saturday. It looks like a Mazda 3 that was in a bad smash and repaired with Kia Rio parts.

Deary deary me.

Thats probably the North American model, but the Japanese one probably won't differ much, except with the mechanics.

I can confirm that what you see a few posts up is what is going to be. A rep from Subaru is visiting dealers with a 2008 Legacy Outback and also showed sales brochures for the Impreza and Forrester.

What Subaru is attempting to do is their version of style. And it is not working. In all honestly it looks like a Kia Rio wagon.

U-G-L-Y !! I was thinking the exact same thing as many of you above, a Mazda 3 that has been bashed and then fixed with something that seems to belong to Fast and Furious movie.

So far there hasn't been a single ugly Impreza, I actually like the way they look, especially the WRX STi models. This then.....damn.....and another bad thing about this is that nobody will want to buy anything that looks like that. Therefore the older models will be very much wanted in the used car market and I will never be able to afford one :mad:

I think overall it looks fine, it's just that silly chrome hatched grille that looks stupid. If it had been a letterbox or the hatching was honeycomb recessed back a touch like it was on the classic, it'd look fantastic. I'm dissapointed in that, but I'm uber hopeful for the STi, it's going to look schweet.

I do think that grille looks a bit too 'Toyota Camry' ick.

Last edited:
Yeah - it does have a bit of the Rio-ness about it. Interior was shameful and old Imprezas so THAT is a tangible improvement. Its too Japanese-cheap-fleet car looking. Not nearly as agressive as the old fronts. I REALLY hope they don't carry this over to other Subarus. The lights and grille look like a Toyota (as in non-agressive, non-offensive). Maybe a more agressive airdamn can save the front, but the side profile is so Korean looking. This breaks my heart. I can't imagine a good looking STI or Rally car coming out of this. You would think with the great looking agressive new Evo Subaru would step up the game a little bit.

PS: Any word - are they putting any of that Prodrive P2 tech in there?

PS: Any word - are they putting any of that Prodrive P2 tech in there?

your unrealistic optimism is really amusing, youve made my day :lol:

what i love about the history of the Impreza over the last 15 years has been:

'ugh, the current model is ugly, i can't wait for the new BETTER looking model'

'ugh, i am massively dissapointed, i kinda miss the old design, it really grew on me and is sexy compared to what came out'

Basically in terms of looks subaru owners keep having to backpedal and retract their statements made years earlier

What the hell? It looks like the old generation Mazda 323?