Alec Baldwin - Parent of the year

Firecat

Politically Charged
Going through a bitter divorce with Kim Basinger. This voicemail message left for his daughter was leaked....

I used to get beat as a child. This is nothing. And it sounds like the kid deserved it, it's not like she's 5.
The following is a partial transcript of the voice mail message:

"I want you to know something, okay? And I want to leave a message for you right now because again it's 10:30 here in New York on a Wednesday and once again I've made an a** of myself trying to get to a phone to call you at a specific time. When the time comes ... I stop whatever I'm doing ... and you don't even have the goddamn phone turned on.

"I'm tired of playing this game with you. I'm leaving this message with you to tell you that you have insulted me for the last time. You have insulted me.

"You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being. I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old or 11 years old or that you're a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the a** who doesn't care about what you do. As far as I'm concerned, you have humiliated me for the last time with this phone.

"And when I come out there next week, I'm going to fly out there for the day just to straighten you out on this issue. I'm going to let you know just how disappointed in you I am and how angry I am with you that you've done this to me again. You've made me feel like s**t. And you've made me feel like a fool over and over and over again. And this crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother. And you do it to me constantly and over and over again.

"... I'm coming out there for the day, and I'm going to straighten your a** out when I see you. Do you understand me? I'm going to really make sure you get it. Then I'm going to get on a plane and turn around and go home so you better be ready Friday, the 20th, to meet with me because I'm going to let you know just how I feel about what a rude little pig you really are. You are a rude, thoughtless little pig, okay?"

Is it wrong that I laughed? I can't get the role he plays on 30 rock out of my mind.

Umm, so what did the kid do? She just had her phone off? There's a reason 11 year olds don't need cell phones.

I think he has a scheduled phone call with her, maybe as part of the custody battle. Considering that, it is pretty rude to have your phone off during that time.

Still, I don't agree with what he did. She's still a little kid, you can't talk like this to a kid. He's basically telling her that he's going to kick her ass?

I have heard nasty things about Kim Bassinger though. It might be a nasty divorce with the kid caught in the middle. (Also all kids aren't angels.)

I have heard nasty things about Kim Bassinger though. It might be a nasty divorce with the kid caught in the middle. (Also all kids aren't angels.)

From IMDB news today:

30 Rock actor Alec Baldwin has addressed a leaked answering machine rant he left for his 11-year-old daughter - by refusing to speak about it. Tmz.com leaked the three-minute message on the internet yesterday after Baldwin's visitation rights for his daughter Ireland were temporarily suspended by a California judge. In the taped rant, the actor blasted his daughter for failing to pick up her phone when he called her from New York at a designated time. Baldwin's lawyer, Viki Roberts, told Tmz.com, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have." But now his spokesperson claims his ex-wife Kim Basinger leaked the tape to the media. He says, "The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years." The spokesperson adds, "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing - keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order."

The spokesperson adds, "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing - keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order."
Oh snap! :blink:

Recording of the conversation below...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVx4R2DRjwI[/youtube]

Oh dear poor kid. Come on Alec she's only 11 (or 12) and in the middle of what is quite clearly an acrimonious divorce. How about saying "Sorry you couldn't take my call but I'll leave my mobile (cell) on and call me when ever you can - day or night does not matter I'll always take your call. .. See you soon, miss you".

Not hard to be a parent is it really?

Umm, so what did the kid do? She just had her phone off? There's a reason 11 year olds don't need cell phones.

In this world, everybody need cellphones. Especially teenagers. Sadly, they can turn them off. Yes, I am serious. :)

I don't turn mine off, I just don't pick it up. :lol: