My Carisma

I thought the Carisma was the same as the Lancer, are they different cars?

Ed

The Carisma is the european model. It shared many of the design features of the 5th generation lancer.

More info here

Last edited:
I also never quite got that. Here in th Sweden the Evo is called Lancer Evolution and there are also more regular Lancer models. On the other hand, at least a couple of Evos were called the Carisma Evolution in Germany and there are also a lineup of regular cars called the Carisma, like the one you have for example.

Hidden_Hunter Probably does not want some clot in a normal car to bang his paintwork. And Svempa I think that you will find that EVO = Evolution, it's the English shorthand for it, if that was the question. So in the UK it is really called Lancer Evolution but you will never hear anyone refer to it as a Lancer, a car name with an unfortunate reputation of being, well ordinary. It is always an EVO IX or what ever mark depending on which one you are referring to:

Point of information:

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/evolution/

It was at a jap meet (japanese car owners meet) so there was no real etiquette to follow, just be there and park it in a specific parking lot.

Hidden_Hunter Probably does not want some clot in a normal car to bang his paintwork. And Svempa I think that you will find that EVO = Evolution, it's the English shorthand for it, if that was the question. So in the UK it is really called Lancer Evolution but you will never hear anyone refer to it as a Lancer, a car name with an unfortunate reputation of being, well ordinary. It is always an EVO IX or what ever mark depending on which one you are referring to:

Point of information:

Oh I know that's why people do it, it's annoying when it's busy and some dick does it in his shitty old 80's commodore that he thinks is "cool"

Point of information:

I'm very well aware of that Evo = Evolution and that they range from Evo I to EVO IX. That's not what I was wondering about though: The threadstrater said that Carisma was the European name for the Lancer. I know that they are called (or maybe were called) Carisma in example Germany. Even the Evos are called Carisma Evo. Atleast some of them were.
On the other hand Carisma, as a modelname, has never existed in e.g. Sweden. They are all called Lancer. Starting at the cheapest model and up to the Evo. I just wanted to know if he knew the reason for that.

In the US up until 2001 the lancer went by the name Mitusbishi Mirage although we never got the EVO. we got the lancer namer with the base model gen VII and the Evo with gen VIII

Wow, that looks like a shot for a catalog or something like that, great pic! (Although I'm still not THAT overwhelmed by the Carisma in general :) )

CHICKEN WIRE!

bought this about a month ago already, and only now got around to install it:

chicken_wire.jpg

Oh I know that's why people do it, it's annoying when it's busy and some dick does it in his shitty old 80's commodore that he thinks is "cool"

When my uncle used to drive his Ferrari out... he parked in 2 lots away from the crown in the shopping mall... if not he'll try to find 2 street lots and park in both and pays for both lots... you don't know how many idiots there are who just swing open the door really hard.

^ Yes I bloody do - ouch! You know it could turn one into a revenge vandle - but it does not in my case at least.

Chrisma was a Volvo V40 underneath made in the Netherlands I believe. We never had any confusion in the UK about Lancer and Carsima - totally different cars to us. EVO was the evolution of the Lancer to us. Carsima boring but worthy.

Just went out there and took some interior pics as practice for the car show tomorrow:

carisma_steering_wheel.jpg

carisma_cluster.jpg

carisma_dashboard.jpg

carisma_mp3_player.jpg