New 2008 Subaru Impreza Photos

It is aimed more at people in their 40s, who want something less wild.
Wow, that's just downright depressing. People in their 40s aren't gonna buy a car with a hood scoop on it and are probably gonna go for that Camry anyway.

Just about every other car company out there is busy courting young people. Subaru enjoys a huge amount of support that they've built up with the WRX, ranging from 40+ year olds to that coveted 18-34 demographic. So why the fuck would they throw it all away? Are they trying to pull a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and lose as much money as possible?
:bangin:

Good point BlaRo. Why would they shift their target demographic to an older group? People who in 10-15 year will probably decide they'd rather have some land yacht anyway. Isn't the Legacy supposed to attract older segments anyway? I thought they'd been doing a pretty good job of attracting a wide range of people to the Impreza before, now it just seems like they're trying to alienate anyone who'd buy it for it's performance. Yes, it's lighter, but it's also bigger and uglier.

This car was just spoted... Not my pics, from another forum.

0421071413.jpg

0421071413a.jpg

0421071413b.jpg

0421071413c.jpg

0421071413d.jpg

0421071416.jpg

0421071416a.jpg

0421071416b.jpg

0421071416c.jpg

I'm absolutely amazed someone is already modding a pre-production WRX like that... It has NJ dealer plates, maybe its an SPT mock-up car or something?

Yeah, it doesn't look bad. But that's the problem. It doesn't look good either.

Maybe from the front, but the back still looks like poo. And please car manufacturers, stop putting white taillights on cars! After spending all that time making the car look conservative, off they go putting those on it, making it look like a 18 year old buying a cheap shitty pair off eBay that don't quite fit right.

What i find interesting, is the fact that this thread as gotten about 3x as much action as the Evo thread, due to the sheer ugliness of the car. The Evo is beautiful, but the Impreza gets noticed a lot more. They might not have been that stupid..

mmm it still doesnt have anything on the new Lancer coming out. even if the suby Thrashed the Evo in performance. looks still play a big roll.

those pics there make it look acceptable.

Yeah, but the profile still looks like a Mazda 3 Estate.

What i find interesting, is the fact that this thread as gotten about 3x as much action as the Evo thread, due to the sheer ugliness of the car. The Evo is beautiful, but the Impreza gets noticed a lot more. They might not have been that stupid..
Actually, the EVO X is pretty ass ugly (in my opinion of course) but it looks aggressive, it looks like a bad ass performer. The new STi looks like...a Mazda!

Toe-MAY-toe, Toe-MAH-toh.

And I thought that scoop couldn't get any bigger. It's the same size as the Channel Tunnel!

At least they set it into the hood, not just popped it on.

Eugh still looks like a Kia Rio. Just give me the 22B...

yeah those new pics actually look pretty good...still not liking the hatch though, but the sedan looks pretty nice actually

So...Y
You buy it for alot of money.
You spend more money on it to make it look acceptable...
And for Europeans it is still useless because you can't get rid of thae Hatch's fat, ugly, boyraces ass.

Maybe from the front, but the back still looks like poo. And please car manufacturers, stop putting white taillights on cars! After spending all that time making the car look conservative, off they go putting those on it, making it look like a 18 year old buying a cheap shitty pair off eBay that don't quite fit right.
My thoughts exactly. Those tail lights look way out of place. I hate the 5 door hatch configuration too. I was really hoping for a 2 door hatch, but no :cry: .

The new pics are in and the verdict isssssssssssssssssss.....

It's still rubbish. I was actually hoping those looks would grow on me, but no. Still looks like....well....ugly. The shops make the sedan look, if possible, even worse. Now it looks just boring, not even ugly, but boring. And the hatchback is as hideous as ever. Blaah....still going with the EVO X this year.

I think I'll wait until i see it in person before i make up my mind. It could go either way.