New 2008 Subaru Impreza Photos

It still looks absolutely terrible.

Wheels magazine has reported that a while after Australia gets the hatch, we'll also get the sedan. BUT, the WRX and STi will only be a hatch. Only the US is getting the WRX and STi sedans.

Subaru, you are idiots, absolute idiots. Australia is their biggest market (outside of Japan and US), they're just alienating the people who want the insane sedan STi and WRX. Silly move Subaru.

Subaru, you are idiots, absolute idiots. Australia is their biggest market (outside of Japan and US), they're just alienating the people who want the insane sedan STi and WRX. Silly move Subaru.

They sell like hotcakes here too, and the emergancy services use the WRX, which they are not giving us!

What the hell are they schmokin?

It still looks absolutely terrible.

Wheels magazine has reported that a while after Australia gets the hatch, we'll also get the sedan. BUT, the WRX and STi will only be a hatch. Only the US is getting the WRX and STi sedans.

Hideous styling, no Australian version, no sedan except for us, aimed at a more mature audience...it's all coming together now. The people that planned the new Impreza are saboteurs working for Mitsubishi.

Put on your aluminum foil hats, people. This is a conspiracy. :ph34r:

compared with the new lancer, the new impreza is absolute crap. it is just so ugly and fat looking.

Hideous styling, no Australian version, no sedan except for us, aimed at a more mature audience...it's all coming together now. The people that planned the new Impreza are saboteurs working for Mitsubishi.

Put on your aluminum foil hats, people. This is a conspiracy. :ph34r:
SHHHHHHH!!!!:shifty:

And now for the STI... (just a CG mockup by Road and Track, but it looks real enough for me)

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=5211

4192007192038.jpg

4192007203047.jpg

looks good in that picture, but I would still pick the Mitsubishi Evolution X.

That seems pretty accurate. But the EVO looks so so SO much better still.

While I agree that the STI PS mockup does indeed look better then the WRX and lower models, I'm still glad I have an 04 wagon WRX.

What surprised me about that article, is that the STI is slated to be $3000 more expensive then the EVO. All the rumors were saying that the Evo was going to go upmarket and get more expensive, but its slated to be the same price it was for the IX version. Its cool the hear that there is an update to the yaw control and traction control system too, which will make it even better handling. Gotta love a traction control system that can add power instead of taking it away.

I realize those price figures are just hearsay, but if true its making the choice even clearer for me. The more I look at it, the more I would go with the Evo for a future purchase.

JH

I guess we will find out in June, according to what a factory rep told me.

Well the STI mockup looks alright, doesn't stop the lower cars in the range looking crap though...and it's still annoying they are not giving us a saloon. It's gone from one of the three jap Super-Saloons to yet another GTI alternative. I'd have an ST, GTI, Cupra, 3 Mps, VXR, etc, etc over this any day.

Hang onto your beige cardigans boys, because the WRX version is no different to the standard version, apart from 17 inch alloys and the letterbox on the bonnet.

I'm just looking at a photo of the standard one in the latest Wheels, and it looks more boring than a beige paving slab with the word 'dull' written on it.

I think that the hatch model is a great idea. Just one problem. The rear. Its the same on the new Evo. Ugly. If they got it right on both cars, I may change my siding to Mitsubishi (yes I have always preferred Imprezas - especially the Mk1 P1). But they didn't. So i'll stick to Subaru.

Aww, they're both so cute. :happy: :bunny:

"Upmarket" and "rally bred" do not belong in the same sentence, the same phrase, the same paragraph, the same magazine, the same publishing company.