How is Juan Pablo doing in NASCAR?

Haven't heard, unfortunately. I was hoping somebody would be able to fill me in. My first guess would be flipping the bird. NASCAR tends to frown on that kind of thing.

Still though, at this point in the season 16th place is still pretty respectable. He's still easily within striking distance of the top 10, and if he makes that, it's a whole new ballgame.

Still though, at this point in the season 16th place is still pretty respectable. He's still easily within striking distance of the top 10, and if he makes that, it's a whole new ballgame.

uhh yea...and it is his first year in a car that he has never driven...nor similar to anything he has driven. i predict that hes going to make the chase this year (or close to it) and then challenge for the championship next year.

this...

http://img53.imageshack.**/img53/6195/montoyaflippinglj1.jpg
Montoya just gained more respect from me than any other accomplishment in his career. I know my respect means nothing, but he's my new hero in NASCAR.

Well he won at Infineon, Sonoma (a road course).
He choked during qualifying and started 32nd, but he drove good (but not great) during the race.
There were several cars faster than he was (yes the oval racers do know how to drive a road course), but they took a gamble on fuel strategy at the end and it paid off for them.

Well he won at Infineon, Sonoma (a road course).
He choked during qualifying and started 32nd, but he drove good (but not great) during the race.
There were several cars faster than he was (yes the oval racers do know how to drive a road course), but they took a gamble on fuel strategy at the end and it paid off for them.

Yeah I saw the race. Good for JPM, nice to see him win. I'm not a Nascar fan at all, but this really was an exciting race.

Ah... Go JPM!

Now he needs to go do sports car racing.. None of 'stock' car rubbish, that really isn't a stock car anymore.

Anybody know where to find a torrent of the last race (if one exists?)

Yeah I saw the race. Good for JPM, nice to see him win. I'm not a Nascar fan at all, but this really was an exciting race.

he also set a record for winning a race at Infineon while starting so far back. previous record was 13th or something like that (it was in the high teens).

Ha, ha! I was just watching a race on Speed. Pre-recorded, called the "Nextel Prelude to the Dream". Basically it's an event that Tony Stuart put together, I think to get more publicity for the dirt-trackers, where NHRA and Nextel Cup drivers hit the dirt in Late Model cars. Montoya was taking part in the event. Funny to see a man who was once a star in what is considered the top tier of racing (F1) driving what is essentially where all NASCAR drivers try to get their break (In fact 2 or 3 of the NASCAR drivers were just 1 or 2 years removed from the dirt track, one of them even pulled out their old car to run in the race). But the F1 race is about to start on Fox, so I can't continue watching :(

He's been dumped - looks like he'll struggle to pick up another seat in NASCAR...

Shame he's a better driver than those recent results