My 2006 Honda Civic VTi-L

haha... if you live very close to the CBD or Carlton/Brunswick area, you'll most likely see me alot :p... the civic has been great, although the gas mileage wasn't as good as I expected (mainly due to city traffic), it ranges from 10l/100km to about 13l/100km... if you're planning to get a civic, its going to be a long wait though, last I heard was 3 months... but so far, no complaints on this car, except very minor things such as the time between the wiper moves cannot be adjusted for some reason, my car doesn't automatically unlock when I switch off the engine

thats not very fuel efficicent especially i drive to city from time to time, almost 15km journey.
hmm seems there r some weird problems in the civic, maybe dont lock the car will help :p
ya i know the wait to get a civic is getting longer and longer...

whats your opinion on the speedo? smooth?

nice buy

here it's an acura

I like the looks from the outside but I hate the 2 level dash inside, but that's just me

why did you get it automatic btw?

^I drive in the city alot, plus I was simply too lazy to drive a manual, esp on a boring car :p

but the speedo is great, it lags abit but not that much it doesn't give you an accurate reading... and its great for the highways, since the tolerance for speeding is 7kph in VIC, I do exactly 106-107 on the cruise control when I'm on highways :D... and I've had great comments from friends who jump in the car, they all go, the speedo is so cool :D

but just 1 more thing, if you can afford it, fork out abit more for the VTi-L instead of the VTI, you get alot more ;)

And ren, this civic is the acura in Canada, but your CSX does still get alot more stuff such as GPS, flappy paddles, leather, 2.0l engine and so on... but I do like this alot more than the other civic :p

Good to see you're only getting 10-13l/100km as I'm not doing any better in my new car... just gassed up and it cost me $73. When I first got the RSX it cost me just $30 to fill it up... damn, now IceBone is gonna rip me a new butthole for complaining about gas prices.

:p

^:lmao:... who doesn't complain about gas prices, well its not that much of an issue for me as I've been seeing my dad pay $2CAD or around $2.5AUD a liter in Hong Kong, over here its about 1.25 which is half the price :D

of coz Hong Kong petrol prices are *cheap*, half of it is tax! my dad pays hkd$800 to fill up his car once... ouch

good thing about the speedo then, im always confuse by the analog readings and sometimes they r inaccurate.

Vti is already expensive and im getting it in automatic too

Yeah...their Honda Legend is our Acura RL, their Honda Accord is our Acura TSX, etc etc. Sucks that we don't get the Civic hatch...

and its great for the highways, since the tolerance for speeding is 7kph in VIC, I do exactly 106-107 on the cruise control when I'm on highways :D...

Andy, it's actually 3kph. Not 7. You'll thank me when you don't get a $134 fine and 1 point when you're caught by a camera doing 106/107.

but on highways... they always show maximum displayed speed, 107kph

Ah, you've fallen into that trap! They're just the gantry's that have the speed display when you pass through the radar. That is NOT a legal thing, it's just a curiosity thing.

The speed tolerance for ANY road in Victoria is 3km/h.

Trust me, those speed display things are bullshit, they only display up to 107 because that's apparently the fastest they can detect.

^serious? I really didn't know that... I thought that was the tolerance, I guess my cruise control has to drop down to 103kph now :p

so why do they say Maximum Displayed Speed 107? does that mean that thing can only display up to 107?... that is really shit, I've been travelling on Eastern Fwy quite abit at 106, hopefully I haven't gotten any tickets (but I always slow down at the one at the end of the Freeway towards the city)... anyone know if there are any other fixed one?

^serious? I really didn't know that... I thought that was the tolerance, I guess my cruise control has to drop down to 103kph now :p

so why do they say Maximum Displayed Speed 107? does that mean that thing can only display up to 107?... that is really shit, I've been travelling on Eastern Fwy quite abit at 106, hopefully I haven't gotten any tickets (but I always slow down at the one at the end of the Freeway towards the city)... anyone know if there are any other fixed one?

Yep, it can only display up to 107. There's no cameras on the Eastern but ALOT of cops patrol it, you've gotta be careful. Same with the Monash (the non-city link part) out to Belgrave, there's no cameras but once again, several cops.

They only read to 107 to stop people trying to get personal-bests as they pass through.

Oh, and depending which one you go under, you'll get a different reading even though your speedo reads the same - yeah, reassuring that...

^ahh... damn, now I have something to worry everytime I see an unexpecting mail in my letterbox :lol:... but I am very careful when I'm on Eastern, I've seen so many people get pulled over all the time...

and yea, having a max displayed speed on those meters are definetly effective, in Malaysia, there is one right before a 90 degree turn which was an accident blackspot, they put the speed displays and there was a competition on a local forum about 3 days later to see what speeds people could get, and obviously guys in their Evo's were clocking 160-180 at the speed display before braking hard for the corner, was quite funny though because after they put the display, the number of accidents increased.

and I've always thought there was 1 camera coming into the city before it changes to 80kph (this was according to a friend) on the eastern freeway, and by any chance, is there an updated fixed camera database by the government or something?

and I've always thought there was 1 camera coming into the city before it changes to 80kph (this was according to a friend) on the eastern freeway, and by any chance, is there an updated fixed camera database by the government or something?

Google, et voila:
Fixed Camera Locations
Mobile Camera sites

Both documents were published by the Government / Police, and are as at April 2006.

Last edited:
Yep, it can only display up to 107. There's no cameras on the Eastern but ALOT of cops patrol it, you've gotta be careful. Same with the Monash (the non-city link part) out to Belgrave, there's no cameras but once again, several cops.

I've nearly been done several times on the monash in the roadsworks near chaddi (you're driving along the onramp then bam you get on and all of a sudden roadworks)

also melbournites, how buggered was the traffic tonight :( caulfield to croydon took nearly 2 hours

mr left leg nearly died :(

when has Melbourne traffic been good... once on a friday afternoon, it took me about 45mins to get from the CBD to Bell St via Sydney Road.... I got so annoyed

pfffssshhhh, i thought we had it bad with our speeding tickets :|

over here, you get a 50? fine if you're going 10kph over the limit, with on the highway, 5? extra for each kph you're still faster than the 10, and in the city, 10? extra for each kph

no such thing as points
and only when they catch you over 180 or so they take your license for 15 days