Prodrift Round One 2007

Paddy

Car(s)
'06 BMW 320 M Sport
Here's 12 for you to enjoy, if your on 56k, go make some tea !

This is my first time bringing you the photos how I envisioned them, I do hope you like and any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Prodrift-07-Round-1-050.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-292.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-343.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-219.jpg

JohnnyP.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-540.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-582.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-152.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-228.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-565.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-725.jpg

Prodrift-07-Round-1-652.jpg

5th and 6th pics are sick :blink:

Edit: Sorry for "hijacking" the thread, but I have a question, how do you make pictures like that when the car is moving ? I made this detailed drawing of mine, to help me with the question. Do you move the camera as the car moves and then take the picture, or you just have a camera that catches the action so good ? Cause I would like to try and take some pictures like that... I have this Nikon Coolpix S6 camera, can that be a problem taking pictures like that or do I need a camera with lenses and stuff...

How.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, that technique you drew is what's known as "panning," and Paddy is a seasoned expert at it. There's even a thread on here that's a how-to on panning for drift events.

I have another question, how are you processing these? are you shooting with any kind of a filter to start with? or applying the effect later? anyway i love them and i hope to have some nice autocross photos for you all come this time next week.

Always been a fan of your pics Paddy, these don't disappoint:thumbsup:

cossie, you are amazing

Yep, that technique you drew is what's known as "panning," and Paddy is a seasoned expert at it. There's even a thread on here that's a how-to on panning for drift events.

yeah he doesnt even use a tripod or anything either...i thought he might pan on a tripod or mono-pod but he told me its all hand held. good stuff.

i have been practicing panning myself....its pretty tricky to get right, but where i have been practicing i have to use quite slow shutters of 1/30. all the old grannies around here drive so slow thats what you have to shoot at to show that they are actually moving!

so alot of my shots have the cars not quite sharp and a little blurry becuase ive wobbled abit.

oh yeah beserker i went to the skate park at the weekend....its actually alot more impressive than i thought, its got all the right stuff...big sunken concrete section with half pipes, ramps, rails, stairs, and at the back a very deep bowl, its jsut the BMX stuff thats pre-fabbed and nailed to the floor.

having said that 90% of the people there were just doing nothing, 9% could barely skate, and 1% could do no more than novice tricks on the bmx so it wasnt even worth shooting.

i went down the blast furnace instead to get some shots of that....it was terribly overcast though so the sky just appears white in all the shots or, if i get the sky right the works are way too dark to see anything. i have not yet figured out how to merge two exposures in PS yet either.

Dude, you can edit and put your numerous posts into one post.

Oy- ditto on the nice work! You're a pro Paddy :D

Looking forward to more.

Nice photos, but damn, there are serious oversharpening problems :|

Er I like 1 best too. ... Some really nice shots there Paddy - there is a fat bloke in the background of one of your pics - it looks just like me, so that reminds me, I'm off to go get a take away right now.