2008 Democratic Debate for President

THGL

Car(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) Limited
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of this? I found parts on youtube but can't find the entire debate whole (online or for download).

My wife missed it and would like to see it.

Thanks

I can sum it up for you:

Blah blah blah Iraq blah blah blah oil blah blah blah gay marriage blah blah blah Bush sucks.

I was expecting blah blah blah global warming blah were all going to die blah blah

I am in no way supporting or voting for any democrat, but if they want a chance to win, they have got to drop the whole "Bush sucks" rhetoric and focus on something more positive. It is tired, repetitive and silly to dump on a person who is not running for any candidacy.

I am in no way supporting or voting for any democrat, but if they want a chance to win, they have got to drop the whole "Bush sucks" rhetoric and focus on something more positive. It is tired, repetitive and silly to dump on a person who is not running for any candidacy.

Yeah, whilst I am a Democrat and plan on voting for one... I have to agree. Making you entire campaign basically revolve around the statement "Well, at least I'm not HIM!" is ridiculous.

Don't you guys remember the "ABB" campaign back in 2004? Anybody But Bush? Same shit this time around. I'm think Ron Paul is a good candidate, old-school Republican.

Alright, I was just watching real time with Bill Maher (don't like him much, but like the show). Anyway, he was interviewing Kucinich...and after Kucinich was talking about how we should essentially make peace not war, Maher asked him if he would give the call to assasinate Bin Laden....and Kucinich said "no" and gave his explanation. Not sure how well this will play with many voters out there, pundits, or the media.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcg1xQJnow[/youtube]

Alright, I was just watching real time with Bill Maher (don't like him much, but like the show). Anyway, he was interviewing Kucinich...and after Kucinich was talking about how we should essentially make peace not war, Maher asked him if he would give the call to assasinate Bin Laden....and Kucinich said "no" and gave his explanation. Not sure how well this will play with many voters out there, pundits, or the media.

Naturally I disagree with most of his policies, but this guy doesn't come across as being up his own asshole as most of the Democrat "faces". Actually, wasn't this guy one of the only guys who didn't vote to go to Iraq?

Assasination is a touchy issue, I'm not going to be influenced much by his outlook of it. The main issues that turns me off from this guy are the war issues (of course), and the part where he said the problems with the UN are the US's fault. That's about all that really stood out for me.

So the shit slinging starts once again eh? Damn...just as I'm recovering from the last one. I agree with what Jayhawk says, it's time to start looking forward. What has happened has happened, pointing fingers or playing the blame game isn't going to accomplish much is it? I just pray to everything that's Holy that Clinton II doesn't get elected. Come to think of it, I'm not crazy over ANY candidates so far. It's still a bit early in the game to tell though.

Naturally I disagree with most of his policies, but this guy doesn't come across as being up his own asshole as most of the Democrat "faces". Actually, wasn't this guy one of the only guys who didn't vote to go to Iraq?

Assasination is a touchy issue, I'm not going to be influenced much by his outlook of it. The main issues that turns me off from this guy are the war issues (of course), and the part where he said the problems with the UN are the US's fault. That's about all that really stood out for me.

I think he's honest, this is what he believes....and that's what he says. The others change their position depending on what people want to hear. Unfortunately the latter seems to work better when it comes to winning elections.

I think he's honest, this is what he believes....and that's what he says. The others change their position depending on what people want to hear. Unfortunately the latter seems to work better when it comes to winning elections.

I can respect this guy. I disagree with him, but I respect him. I agree with what you're saying, and it's obvious that he's not another Clinton/Kerry/Gore goomba democrat. Obviously its worked for him in the past, as he's got the seat in Ohio. The only thing I can see not working for him is the massive amounts of money that the "CKG" Democrats seem to pull in.

What are your thoughts on public funding of campaigns?

Simply put, I think that funding from supporters is okay. If yourself or I want to support our favorite by donating money, I say feel free to. However, perhaps it shouldn't be tax exempt, to discourage too much money from going in, and maybe limited for my next reason.

I don't think a company/corporation/foundation/special interest group should be allowed to donate. Often these groups can make quick money to donate to their prefered candidate. Not to mention it looks shady anyways.

I do realize most donations are used for comercials and the "campaign trail" and really think that a lot of them make enough money to begin with. However, if someone wants to help out, let them.

I will say this, though. I think it's the Media's responsibility, no matter their political bias, to give equal exposure to all of the candidates. Over spring break, I heard of Sean Hannity putting on a segment on his radio show where he would interview a different candidate each week and allow callers to ask questions. Something like that would be nice, just to get each candidate in a candid moment to answer everyone's questions about where they stand.

Also, I think they should get rid of that check box on the tax forms to donate money to political parties or whatever that was.

Alright - this has more to do with the candidates in general.

I was checking out the presidential candidates youtube channels. Ron Paul almost has 15,000 subscribers to his channel...and it seems that the next highest from both parties is Obama with a little over 6,000.

Even if it's very true, I do agree with you.

However, if I were an American, I wouldn't vote for neither a democrat, nor a republican, both parties are basicly the same nowadays, so I'd rather vote for a rhino than for a democrat.