Does Jeremy Really Hate Us, Or Does He Secretly Love Us?

Clarkson despises everyone and everything that's not British. It seems that it really bugs him, that everyone makes better cars now a days than the British, yet he is desperately trying to convince himself and everyone else that Britain and everything British is the best.

He isn't desperately trying at all :p your an American so I wouldn't expect you to be able to understand and analyse the psychics of someone "foreign" you do not know him, so you.. like this post is pretty pointless! It seems to me your jealous that you are not British. There, there.. With our amazing immigration system you will easily be allowed here and if you stay for 5 years you can have that second nationality of English that you so desperately desire :D :lol:

Yes, but is it RON or RON + MON / 2?
See, we in the states use the R+N/2 method for determining octane. I know in Europe they just show the RON number.
See the article on it on Wikipedia for more... :)

D'oh! Of course. That makes way more sense! Yeah, Oz uses RON numbers, not the average.

That said though, 91 R+M/2 is still pretty low for a "maxiumum" fuel permitted. That's only what, 95 RON? Sigh...

8) :p

I don't know, my friend's Lamborghini Murcielago runs pretty well on it... :)

And ROberto is correct, I secretly do want to be British, but only if I can live there, have perfect weather all the time, drive big musclecars at $3 per gallon, and pay for every car at US prices... while turning off every speed camera in the country... :)

Like I said, there are so many good and bad things about every country and it's people, it's tough to find perfection anywhere.

I'd say motoring nirvana lies in the mountain backroads and coastal highways of California. Perfect weather (which is important to a convertible loving/motorcycle riding enthusiast like myself), great curves, beautiful scenery, light police presence, cheap fuel, cheap cars (relative to Europe in any event), and fun destinations.
Followed closely by the Swiss/Austrian/Italian Alps, which are prettier and twistier, but the weather is always a question mark (compared to California at least).

Other opinions (now, you have to have driven it to list and compare it). I'd like to know where else I need to see in my motoring lifetime...

but the weather is always a question mark (compared to California at least).

Other opinions (now, you have to have driven it to list and compare it). I'd like to know where else I need to see in my motoring lifetime...

Rain is obviously alot more fun ;)

The Macquarie Pass in NSW is a pretty breath taking piece of road.

He isn't desperately trying at all :p your an American so I wouldn't expect you to be able to understand and analyse the psychics of someone "foreign" you do not know him, so you.. like this post is pretty pointless! It seems to me your jealous that you are not British. There, there.. With our amazing immigration system you will easily be allowed here and if you stay for 5 years you can have that second nationality of English that you so desperately desire :D :lol:

I'll go as soon as Tony Blair is outed.

I quite like America. I just don't like the current President.

New Yorks nice though.

He isn't desperately trying at all :p your an American so I wouldn't expect you to be able to understand and analyse the psychics of someone "foreign" you do not know him, so you.. like this post is pretty pointless!
Do you actually take yourself seriously? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anyone remember Clarkson's chat show, where America accidently fell off the world map and he never put it back:)

I am old enough (seriously old. ...) to remember a time when you could get 5 * and on BP forecourts that was 101 Octane - I know old fart!

I quite like America. I just don't like the current President.

New Yorks nice though.

lived in NY for many year's. i still think its the best state :p

i think JC is damn funny guy but hey that's just me :lol:

i can get 95 Octane here in most place's i goto in FL..

Last edited:
It's strange that America the king of petrol/oil has lower octane than Australia or Europe.

We don't have lower octane than Europe, we just measure it differently.

So a car tuned and required to run on US 91 octane, would need 98 octane in Europe.

It's strange that America the king of petrol/oil has lower octane than Australia or Europe.

I always thought the king of petroleum reserves was either the Middle East or OPEC...

If you mean gas consumption, however, than we Americans are kings (unfortunately.)

Probably not as much as he lets on

Probably not as much as he lets on

Jeremy Clarkson... indeed all brits... not to mention the french and polish have no way of really hating us completely knowing that if it weren't for the Americans... they'd all be speaking German and holding their arms up at 70 degree angles. the french-american hatred ring myth is a rediculously skewed misconception. We actually do know how to make supercars (Saleen s7, the Callaway Cs, Ford GT, Z06) the Saleen twin turbo is capable of 250 and 60 takes just 3.3 seconds. Our normal cars are getting better. Saturn one upped Toyota in JD power with the Aura if i'm not mistaken. they also forget to mention on top gear that Vauxhall is actually just GM's european division. if it weren't for ford... jag would probably be gone by now, or they'd still have their laughable reliability record. so american companies can make good cars and they have been for some time. so i think jeremy is just giving us a hard time because we do the same back to them. we ridicule them for their laughable little econo-boxes and their tea and crumpets but it's just friendly fire i think. many things in this world arent as they seem

He is american on the inside, he loves his ford gt despise as he said, was a crappy car, but as all people native of their own country, has love and passion for his local stuff

We actually do know how to make supercars (Saleen s7, the Callaway Cs, Ford GT, Z06) the Saleen twin turbo is capable of 250 and 60 takes just 3.3 seconds.

The Saleen S7 was designed and developed by RML in the UK as well as the S7R. In fact the first batch of ten were built here in the UK then shipped out.

Saleen S7 - RML?s best known ?clean sheet? automotive project commenced in 2000 when Saleen Inc selected RML to design and build America?s first supercar, the 7 litre Saleen S7. The prototype road car was completed in record time just ten months into the project. Following the vehicles launch a further ten cars were produced for the certification process and as donor vehicles for the construction of the RML built race cars.

So it was another example of how things should work, American power under British control.

Jeremy Clarkson... indeed all brits... not to mention the french and polish have no way of really hating us completely knowing that if it weren't for the Americans... they'd all be speaking German and holding their arms up at 70 degree angles.

not really true actually, its funny when americans say this. The american involvement was really just like a little kid standing behind a big one kicking the enemy in the balls just before he fell over. If it werent for the russians you'd probably be speaking german. And if it werent for us you could be speaking russian. So please, stop using that argument, its annoying.

not really true actually, its funny when americans say this. The american involvement was really just like a little kid standing behind a big one kicking the enemy in the balls just before he fell over. If it werent for the russians you'd probably be speaking german. And if it werent for us you could be speaking russian. So please, stop using that argument, its annoying.

It's funny that a Britton should say this.

"A total of $50.1 billion (equivalent to nearly $700 billion at 2007 prices) worth of supplies were shipped: $31.4 billion to Britain, $11.3 billion to the Soviet Union, $3.2 billion to France and $1.6 billion to China."

I'd hate to turn this into a history discussion, but without America, Russia wouldn't have any weapons or even food to fight the Germans. It is true, they wern't directly involved in fighting, but without American support, the Russians wouldn't be able to win. So learn something and please stop using the America did nothing argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

Last edited:
It's funny that a Britton should say this.

"A total of $50.1 billion (equivalent to nearly $700 billion at 2007 prices) worth of supplies were shipped: $31.4 billion to Britain, $11.3 billion to the Soviet Union, $3.2 billion to France and $1.6 billion to China."

I'd hate to turn this into a history discussion, but without America, Russia wouldn't have any weapons or even food to fight the Germans. It is true, they wern't directly involved in fighting, but without American support, the Russians wouldn't be able to win. So learn something and please stop using the America did nothing argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

yes I know the lend lease agreement was a significant part of the allies sucess. My comment was maybe a little harsh but im sure you can understand why its annoying that some americans act as if they saved the world from hitler themselves during the years of WW2.

When saying 'american involvement' i was talking about military.

Last edited: