Tuner Special: Mallett Cars Beefs Up Pontiac Solstice

RUU-CHAMA

Car(s)
Mazda6
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=120606#3

BERERA, Ohio ? Mallett Cars already offers more power for the Pontiac Solstice with its LS2/LS7 V8 engine conversion kits. Now it's adding more show to the go with its aggressive-looking Pitbull wide-body kit.

It adds 4 inches of width to the front and 5 inches in the rear, giving the Solstice a considerably more menacing look. More importantly, the six-piece body kit allows the use of ultrawide wheels so you can put all that V8 power to good use. The specially designed front fascia also improves airflow to the engine.

The fiberglass upgrade is expected to cost $16,000-18,000 fully installed and painted. A carbon-fiber package will also be available by special order.

Only a limited number of Pitbull Edition Solstices will be built. The official debut is scheduled for the 2007 SEMA show.

What this means to you: The stock Solstice looks pretty good on its own, but Mallett makes it look tough.

pitbull.rr.f34.500.jpg

pitbull.rr.r34.500.jpg

pitbull.side.500.jpg

I think it looks a bit ricerish but ok.

Wow, it is like a modern day ac cobra.

needs side-exhausts to complete the moder-day cobra look. preferably something like GT-class racers to keep the looks of the body clean

I would leave the body stock.

It's a shame such an aggressive car has a name that instantly make me think of...

_41520428_timmy203.jpg

:shock2: :drool: I liked the stock version, but this is amazing! The best part is that the performance matches the looks.

It looked better stock.

It looks like one of those smash cars, where the tires are huge and cartoony.

I think it looks better stock, but now that someone mentioned it, I want to see one with side-pipes.

It looks like a deliciously-plump tomato.

i think it looks fantastic. with side pipes good lord sexy as hell