New Mini Cooper S or used Mazda RX-8?

New Mini Cooper S or used Mazda RX-8?

• Total voters
mazda

I chose the Mini because it has strong resale value here. As soon as I got a hold of it I'd sell it and invest the bulk of the money in mutual funds and I'd use the rest to rebuild my carburettors. Hopefully there'd be enough left for a nice Cohiba. Espl?ndidos, maybe?

GTI!
Oh wait, not one of the choice.
The Mini, dont have to top off with oil every 10k and anyone can work on the motor.

Damn that's tough....

Mini's got the resale, pep, and awesomeness.
Mazda's got the looks, RWD, and awesomeness.

I'm gonna have to bring Kofi Anon in on this one.

Both are too small for me.

Says the man with the Scion. Thats not true. The new Mini seems kinda big to me (well, for a small car at least).

Mazda:
Pros-
-Rear wheel drive.
-Excellent chassis.
-Balanced.
-Rotary motor. Drive one and you'll be amazed.
-Uncommon looks.

Cons:
-Poor gas mileage.
-Bizzare interior.
-Rotary engine likes to consume oil.
-Poor resale value.
-Not really all that fast, especially with an A/T.

MINI:
Pros-
-It's a Mini!
-Amazing suspension for a FWD.
-Very clever interior, exterior always turns heads.
-Stout engine.
-Faster than you think. You can throw it around in corners.

Cons:
-Its a Mini!
-Overpriced.
-Will look dated in a few years, not timeless like the original.
-Not a car for the uptight heterosexual.
-FWD can only do so much.

Does that help? :)

RX-8. I love that car. I pass one every day I go to work and shoot my load right down my trouser leg and onto my shoes without even thinking about it.
That reminds me of an RX-8 I saw that drove past me the other day. The guy had some kind of aftermarket exhaust and it sounded like an F1 car. It was awesome! I'd have an RX-8 myself if I had the money. That or a GTO/Monaro.

Says the man with the Scion. Thats not true. The new Mini seems kinda big to me (well, for a small car at least).

I've test driven an RX8 and there's not enough room for me (I'm 6'2"). I've never been inside the new Mini, but it looks pretty small inside compared to my xB.

Climb inside an Xb... there's room for jupiter in that thing.

I could wear a 10-gallon hat in my car and still have headroom.

RX8 -> Why?
Great handling, back traction, 9,000rpm!
But there's always a bad thing on this car! Reliability :?
The rotative engine (RENESIS) of the Mazda has problems of engine wastage. That's why it likes the consume oil... To reduce the friction and the wastage! Even though, those problems were more intense in the RX7 models since the use of new materials in this RX8 makes it more reliable. Mazda has to reopen the engine after some km's to repair it! :( (I don't know what's the number of km's that they have to do it - If I'm not in error I think that it's at 80000km in the RX7 and 120000km in the RX8 - about that, but has I've said I really have not sure what I'm saying but I'm gona look and then will post here).
And perhaps it has low end torque at low rpm's. Ya that's true but there's no much cars that goes until the 9,000rpm (just the VTEC ones of Honda and not much more). And I just can say... It's a thrill to go up in the revs! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
mazda!

but they depreciate so quickly here that you could have a only 1year old with very little mileage for the price of a mini cooper s

I've never been inside the new Mini, but it looks pretty small inside compared to my xB.

I've been in several MINIs and they have great headroom. They don't have xB headroom, but they have better than THAT POS CADILLAC STS I DROVE TODAY!! Although, I don't remember if the MINI's seat had good "up/down" adjustment.