2008 Subaru Tribeca revealed

Yes. And believe it or not, the Tribeca was what helped Subaru to sell 200,000 cars in the United States last year, a record for SOA. At the dealer I work at, we cant keep them on the lots, they sell that fast. :blink:

Get past the exterior looks, and they are an exceptional vehicle. And the dashboard...oh! it is wonderfully designed.

Do you live in a part of the US where everyone is blind? :blink:

But hey.. whatever floats their boat.

Kinda better but looks like the Hyundai Santa Fe.

That's an insult to the very good looking Santa Fe. This Tribeca is no improvement over the old one, it looks like a Forester that got fat.

Yes. And believe it or not, the Tribeca was what helped Subaru to sell 200,000 cars in the United States last year, a record for SOA. At the dealer I work at, we cant keep them on the lots, they sell that fast. :blink:

Get past the exterior looks, and they are an exceptional vehicle. And the dashboard...oh! it is wonderfully designed.

The dealer I work at, we don't even order them from the factory because no-one wants them. I think I have worked on 4 the entire time I've worked there (about 8 months)

Looks like it's going, "Aahhh" for the dentist. :-o

The dealer I work at, we don't even order them from the factory because no-one wants them. I think I have worked on 4 the entire time I've worked there (about 8 months)

Interesting! Seems that tastes in vehicles do vary by region. By the way, I live near Chicago.

Well the dealer I work at has sold quite a few Tribecas. Not a lot, but enough. And we get several coming in every week for service, more than we get Bajas coming in.

I did get to drive the new Tribeca yesterday. A pre-production model came in:

2008tribeca.jpg

The interior hasnt changed much, and it still rides and handles VERY well for a vehicle that size...

But man, the engine is GREAT :D LOTS of torque and it throws you back in your seat like a Forester Turbo auto does. I was really impressed. It even sounds different too.

And yes, it looks MUCH better. It does look more like other SUV's out there, but its got a more rugged appeal now, and with the new roof racks it will have more utility to match.

I'd actually contemplate buying one now, I really enjoyed it.

Well, if you lived in the USA and:
1) didn't have champagne money for something like an M-Class / X-5 / Cayenne
2) actually wanted the vehicle to get dirty from time to time as well as use it for city driving.

What SUV would you recommend? The Tribeca looked very nice to me.

I know it gets done to death on these forums, but I was talking to someone about this car yesterday (the old one drove past) and I mentioned that it had been facelifted. The guy asked me what the new one looked like, and I said "Like that", pointing to the new Santa Fe.

They are pretty much identical.

What SUV would you recommend?
Depends on several more factors than that... How many people you drive around, if you need lots of space for hauling stuff, if you do stuff like biking or kayaking, etc.

The Tribeca for what it is actually needs to be a little bigger... Theres not enough room behind the 3rd row when its up, and it has too narrow of a rear cargo area. The 2nd row could use more foot room as well.

A 5-seater has better room, but that kind of negates the point of a mid-sized SUV like this... Need to be able to fit the 7 people to make it worth it.

Would I buy one? Probably not. Would I recommend one over some of the competition? Sure. But buying a vehicle for utility takes a bit more shopping around that just buying a car for commuting to work...

I honestly think the facelift vesion is very nice, up there in my books with the Nissan Murano, yes its slightly unique, but it is nice in its own way... saw one the other day (only the rear though) and it did look very nice, until it makes a U-turn.

But the new one is nice all round :D