Gumball 2007 - Accident in Macedonia

The event is organised with each local authorities support and permission, and drivers are under strict stipulation by abide by the laws and road regulations of the country they are driving through.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. That's why they got thrown out of Germany, right?

i'm thinking about rich people having their way etc...But it is just sad that someone died. The fact that those bitches tried to run is appaling. I hope that the judge locks them up for so long they will be eligible for citizenship.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. That's why they got thrown out of Germany, right?
Well that were the national authorities ;) They are in close touch with the cities government officials which are local... Not a lie by using clever wording, be sure that a lawyer wrote it.

I am informed that the incident was reported immediately by the drivers. Both drivers are extremely traumatised by this occurrence.
Yes, I'm sure that's why they ran away. <_<

I knew Alex Roy was the man, and this backs it up. Good on him to withdraw from this farce.

F*ck you Max for trying to cover this up.

When I read the title, I was just praying it wasn't the Buggatti or Enzo, relieved

Max is an asshole. This was totally inevitable.
I do think Alex Roy had the right idea. He seems like a good guy.

http://img465.imageshack.**/img465/2294/gtcrashedma1.jpg

Another big crash today. A Carrera GT also crashed. End it, Cooper, NOW!

^ Was just about to post that!

This is getting better and better...

When I read the title, I was just praying it wasn't the Buggatti or Enzo, relieved

Well apparently they killed a Carrera GT and a Ford GT today, those eastern roads seem to be too much for some drivers. It puts their attitude and character into perspective though, they don't even bother slowing down after such an accident. :-o

Apparently half the Gumballers haven't even been told about the fatal crash.

Mercedes could ban Max from buying any further Mercedes, maybe then he would understand.

I hope Balkan prisons are just the way I think they are.

Hang on does this mean that the rally continues? that's fucked up if it does like, someone else could get killed.

Following our earlier release reporting yesterday?s accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year?s Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000?s of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.
So they are stopping. A bit late, but I think they have seen the reactions on the internet.

Good! I hope they won't get any sponsors in the upcoming years and the idiocy will end!

So they've cancelled it now, but Cooper still allowed it continue for another day at full speed without telling drivers, thus causing two more serious accidents with two more competitants.

As others have said - this was only a matter of time. Bunch of spoilt rich people playing with their toys (that they're largely incapable of driving in those conditions) believing they're above the law and totally disregarding the safety of other road users.

It's especially tragic that it was a member of the public killed - they were just minding their own business. As for who's fault the accident was - well, the gumballers tried to run, that says a lot.