Apparently, China is not content to rip off just cars...

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
Why is this not surprising? Typical Chinese knockoffs..

I guess it's only fair they can have their own since they make all the souveneirs for the real Disneyland.

What goes around comes around: Walt got his start by moving to California to avoid copyright litigation.

I guess it's only fair they can have their own since they make all the souveneirs for the real Disneyland.
The guy's got a point.

I've heard this has been in operation for a while now - since the mid 80's.

So, is there a restaurant called Mickey Mao's?

"eh buddy, wanna buy a Rolex? Ok then, what about a theme park?"

I've heard this has been in operation for a while now - since the mid 80's.

So, is there a restaurant called Mickey Mao's?

Unlikely because I don't think the current administration of china liked mao (I think he's censored on pages atm)

I find that exceedingly hilarious.

The entire country needs to get rid of its culture of consequence-free intellectual theft if it wants to be taken seriously.

At best, global companies should be working with Chinese entrepreneurs on creating their own products and identities, and punish those who are too lazy to think of shit otherwise. The enthusiasm's clearly there; they did build the entire damn park after all.

Then again, let's face it: for us Westerners, it's funny as hell. :lmao:

Unlikely because I don't think the current administration of china liked mao (I think he's censored on pages atm)
The administration might not, but go into any market and stare at the Mao-branded goods (I have a kickass Mao shirt I bought in Shanghai, it's awesome) and you'll be persuaded otherwise. He's a cult figure, like Che Guevara-branded everything.

A copycat of an entire Disneyland theme park is ridiculously funny.

Well the French and the Japanese already did this, no reason the Chinese can't.

The entire country needs to get rid of its culture of consequence-free intellectual theft if it wants to be taken seriously.
Who are you, PR for the RIAA?

A stick-it attitude towards so-called "IP" is basically the only freedom China has.

Man, the Chinese must have one HUGE Xerox machine! :lol:

Actually, this reminds me of a story my dad told me about a guy who opened up a small park/playground here and called it "Abdullah Disney" because he thought "Disney" was the English word for a park! :p

Well the French and the Japanese already did this, no reason the Chinese can't.

:huh: Those parks were made by Disney...

Last edited:
Who are you, PR for the RIAA?

A stick-it attitude towards so-called "IP" is basically the only freedom China has.
Pirating music is one thing. Pirating an entire fucking theme park is another.

I know that the RIAA has used some cruel tactics and I do have a problem with those but I find it hard to blame them for wanting to protect intellectual property. Music, Film, Television, etc is a business and that really sums it up.

don't worry, the reich is fighting back. some mayor north of berlin plans to build a chinese village complete with a forbidden city.