HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hachi Kid

Ok here?s the deal! I have a national race coming up in 8 weeks, and according to the previous owner of the kart, it should do well. He said that I could run top 3 in my class, and a win could even be possible. I need about $1000 for travel/hotel/food costs, but ANYTHING will help. I currently have $60 in my bank account, so I need $940 more dollars.

My plan is that I need everybody to donate a single dollar to bassshredder@aol.com through paypal. I am going to get another job, and take as many hours as possible and make my social life pretty much non-existent in my goal to get to Camden, Ohio. I have 8 weeks and 3 days until the race in Camden. The race will take place June 28-July 1, and I can not accept anything less than getting to Camden.

Whether it's $1 to the full $1000, I will gladly accept any kind of help. I NEED TO GET TO THAT RACE! So, if you could donate or if you know anyone that could help me in any kind of way, it wouldn't physically possible to express my gratitude. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Joseph.

Hmmm. Assuming you don't need to fly and live in the States. Rent a car and drive down, sleep in it, and stick to the cheaper places to eat. You can cut those costs in half...

:wink:

I do drive to the races. I did my first national race on the smallest budget that I could manage, and it ended up being around $1000 after travel, tires, gas (both kart and truck), entry fees, food (hotel food, and homemade stuff, ate out once and that was to celebrate), and hotel (my family and a friend was with me). I did end up getting on the podium (4th) in my first national, though. I also have a good feeling about this next race too.

Joseph.

As an older member of the forum, i am going ask.. Why should i trust you? Only 12 post old, not much creed on this forum i must say.
Good luck with your race.

true, I haven't made many posts, but I've been on here for more than a year. I just don't post much to any board I go to. I can show you pictures of me at Daytona, or me on the podium at Daytona to prove I am who I am, and I'm serious about my racing. sorry if this came off pretty begger-ish, I know it did. I hate to beg, but I need to do what it takes to get to Camden.

Joseph.

Dollar Menu. Get a tent. Borrow some dough from your parents or friends. Sleep in the back of a pickup truck in a Denny's parking lot (I did that once). If it means that much to you (and I can see how it does), then you can be creative about being a bum (in a nice way). 8)

Either way, you'll walk away with more dignity than begging for donations on a forum full of strangers. Good luck at the race.

I do drive to the races. I did my first national race on the smallest budget that I could manage, and it ended up being around $1000 after travel, tires, gas (both kart and truck), entry fees, food (hotel food, and homemade stuff, ate out once and that was to celebrate), and hotel (my family and a friend was with me). I did end up getting on the podium (4th) in my first national, though. I also have a good feeling about this next race too.

Joseph.

Have you thought of looking for sponsorship?

plenty of times. I've contacted at least 60 companies about sponsorship, and still nothing has come up. sponsorship is tough to successfully come by. I'm going to keep trying though.

Joseph.

i cant see how posting on a forum for help is begging. you help if you want, simple. let the man be.

If i wasnt broke as fuck, id help, but I wish you the best of luck. racing is my dream too, except I never had the chance to do anything about it, at least not yet.

hope you get to race there, and good luck ;)

finally, someone sensible on another forum.

: off topic: I just saw wooflepoof's sig, and I saw the thread a few days ago. great idea! haha.

Joseph.