Pickup Trucks

Isn't the new Toyota Tundra and Nissan Titan much better choices for trucks right now? seems to be what most auto mags are saying.

thats a big ass truck, i am personally more of a GM man myself, but none the less its pretty sweet

and i wouldent be making fun of him that much, he can pull your houses right out of the ground with that behemoth

Isn't the new Toyota Tundra and Nissan Titan much better choices for trucks right now? seems to be what most auto mags are saying.

actually that is completely wrong
the 07 GM's have been winning all the awards and the new tundra is haveing major quality issues

:welcome:

We here have one of the few Toyota Tacoma's in eastern Missouri. We don't have much need for a massive pickup especially when our 1/2 ton does so damn well.

I'm just not a fan of massive pickups. I'm hardly a fan of trucks at all (the toyota is my parents), I prefer a van with the back rows of seats removed, it's nice to be able to be lazy and leave my stuff in the back and not have to worry about it getting stolen, like my bikes (bmx), or tools and what not.

I love pick-up trucks, unfortunatly they are very rare here. Almost impossible to find anything for sale (used). I want to get a Mazda B2000 from the late eighties, one of my all time favourites.
:heart:

Are you an American/Canadian Living in Italy? You don't seem to be very "european." I"m basing this opinion on quite a few of the other members on this forum.

koenig said:
The Titan is such a failure that nissan is getting out of the pick-up market. It's just to weak.

Last edited:
The Titan is such a failure that nissan is getting out of the pick-up market. It's just to weak.

That just reminded me, I used to work at a Nissan dealer a few years back. At one point there was a HUGE recall for Titan brakes. Our daily shipments were at least twice the size of usual, and not to mention about 10x the wieght. God that sucked.

/then one of the techs put the new brakes on a customer's truck and never tightened the lugnuts...
//customer's wheel feel off 3 miles down the road...
///sucked for the customer and the tech, was hysterical to everyone else.

Are you an American/Canadian Living in Italy? You don't seem to be very "european." I"m basing this opinion on quite a few of the other members on this forum.
Unfortunately I'm not american, but I love the US and I dream of living there one day, if only it wasn't so damn hard to get in (permanently):( .

http://img489.imageshack.**/img489/1161/beautybe3.jpg

I like pickups, there really useful. What I don't get with these massive trucks is the rear axle. To make it super duty they stick a big double tire under the back and throw on massive wheel arches!!
So great you can carry loads more, you don't get any more space to carry it with???

Why not make the bed bigger to cover the wheels and then get all that extra capactiy too??

I like pickups, there really useful. What I don't get with these massive trucks is the rear axle. To make it super duty they stick a big double tire under the back and throw on massive wheel arches!!
So great you can carry loads more, you don't get any more space to carry it with???

Why not make the bed bigger to cover the wheels and then get all that extra capactiy too??

It is about pulling larger loads, not carrying larger loads.

I love pick-up trucks, unfortunatly they are very rare here. Almost impossible to find anything for sale (used). I want to get a Mazda B2000 from the late eighties, one of my all time favourites.
:heart:

When I was in High School we had a 1984 Mazda, the generation before that...and it was great. Put 150,000 hard miles on that puppy and only had to replace the water hoses once. Ran it hard offroad and got it fully airborne a few times...

...then my Dad figured he ought to sell it before it just spontaneously burst into its component parts.

Miss that puppy sometimes...although in truth the engine made an awful racket above 2000rpm :)

Steve

Unfortunately I'm not American, but I love the US and I dream of living there one day, if only it wasn't so damn hard to get in (permanently):( .

I think your the only one on this forum that feels that way. Might you try moving to Sicily and joining the Mafia? :p Otherwise do what everyone else seems to do, damn the law, and just come and over stay your welcome. Or throw on an accent and get married. I think it only has to last 2 years and your keep your citizenship.

BTW, you know Studebaker made a car called the Avanti? People have tried to resurrect the car 2 times since Stude went under.

When I was in High School we had a 1984 Mazda, the generation before that...and it was great. Put 150,000 hard miles on that puppy and only had to replace the water hoses once. Ran it hard offroad and got it fully airborne a few times...

...then my Dad figured he ought to sell it before it just spontaneously burst into its component parts.

Miss that puppy sometimes...although in truth the engine made an awful racket above 2000rpm

We used one of those things as a shop truck at firestone. Except it was an 88 I think. With a manual trans it was actually kind of fun to drive, same goes for the Toyota pick-ups.

Nothing can beat the Toyota Tacoma's for Reliability though rust is another situation entirely. We had 3 pre-88 models in my family that went over 500k miles. We put them all up for sale, and they were gone in no-time. No one even asked what their condition was or if it had any problems.

It is about pulling larger loads, not carrying larger loads.

But why not make the bed bigger at the same time?? You get a more practical car that does everything better than it's smaller rival then.

^---- Because it's cheaper to stick on new arches on an existing bed. Do you think anyone actually stacks bricks in the back? Ignoring the ones that never carry anything here, the ones that do usually tow large racing/RV/horse trailers and even have that semi-style towing setup on/in the bed

Unfortunately I'm not american, but I love the US and I dream of living there one day, if only it wasn't so damn hard to get in (permanently):( .

Come visit and you might think different, I have a pretty good job and yet I could literally never get a home around here in the future. I'm not sure I'd even want to, everything is sooo expensive in southern california compared to how much people earn.

As far as photos of the truck go, I'll get some later this week and post them in the Post Your Car section or whatever it's called.

Show me a man that doesn't look a tool behind the wheel of one, then :p
No one can look like a tool hauling 15 tons of heavy machinery :p . As an ironworker, I guess I see these trucks actually getting used way more than most people. One anywhere near as clean as the OP's truck is a very rare sight lol. Most people with duallys, or one-tons in general do not really use the bed for stuff. They stick a 5th wheel hitch in there and pull a trailer. Makes more sense; you can stick 1 ton in the bed or 20 tons on the trailer. Also with some very basic mods these things make insane power. I've seen a GMC one-ton running low 12s, it was hilarious.