Top Gear Filming New Race

Power estates are awesome, they're like wolves in volvo clothing.

Rumor has it he's also been dunking cars in swimming pools again too. An Audi in the Lido this time this time I believe.

This could be a bad sign. Does Clarkson using a runway at Manchester Airport for a drag race mean that they don't have a Top Gear test-track this year?

I think it's just a newspaper mistake. I bet it's a M5 touring.

I think it's just a newspaper mistake. I bet it's a M5 touring.

having googled M3 touring it does seem like BM might be going the touring route again like they did with the E30. but i have not heard anything about an M3 tourer.

given that they pitted it against an E-class as well also says that it probably wasnt a 3 series because the two cars arent even in the same class...or price range.

im with you here, i think its got to be the new M5 tourer. its in this months TG mag as well.

yep, that's got to be the M5. And that's a bit disapointing that the other car is a merc, I would have loved to see an RS4 or RS6 Avant.

I've just been shown a several pictures from the filming at Manchester Airport, but due to the contract the BBC have with the Airport, i'm not allowed to publish them:(

However, i can confirm the filming will definately be shown in october:D

I didn't know you work for the BBC. What part do you work in?

yep, that's got to be the M5. And that's a bit disapointing that the other car is a merc, I would have loved to see an RS4 or RS6 Avant.

Why? It's the E63 with the new AMG engine, the perfect companion for the M5 Touring in a drag race!

I don't work for the BBC. My Mum is quite highly ranked at Manchester Airport, and she got the chance to go and look at the photos at the firestation last friday. She then had the pictures emailed to her, so she could show me :)

Why? It's the E63 with the new AMG engine, the perfect companion for the M5 Touring in a drag race!

Yes, I agree, but I would have loved to see a drag race between the M5 and the RS4 (or the RS6) because they are 2 different concepts of high-performances estate cars. The 4WD less powerful RS4 against the heavier rear-wheel-drive M5, that would be hard to say which one is the fastest in a drag race (especially if it's on a 1/4mile).

The E63 is (in my opinion) a luxurious version of the M5, and a bit less interesting as well. Also the V8 of the Merc is not as exclusive as the V10s in the M5 or the RS6, and the V8 of the RS4 is astonishing.

But don't think I'm not glad about the choice of the contenders, it will still be a hell of a drag race ;)

Yes, I agree, but I would have loved to see a drag race between the M5 and the RS4 (or the RS6) because they are 2 different concepts of high-performances estate cars. The 4WD less powerful RS4 against the heavier rear-wheel-drive M5, that would be hard to say which one is the fastest in a drag race (especially if it's on a 1/4mile).

The E63 is (in my opinion) a luxurious version of the M5, and a bit less interesting as well. Also the V8 of the Merc is not as exclusive as the V10s in the M5 or the RS6, and the V8 of the RS4 is astonishing.

But don't think I'm not glad about the choice of the contenders, it will still be a hell of a drag race ;)

Your opinion is noted and agreed with. I'm quite curious now, I'd love to see the difference between the M5/E63 and an RS4... in the wet!

i know there was an E30 M3 touring.
i was sure it would of been M5 touring vs RS6 Avant (though im not entirely sure an avant version of the RS6 exists)

No, there wasn't... :)
There has never been an M3 Touring...They always only had the coup? and convertible, and the E36 was also available as a limousine...but there has never been an M3 Touring...there will be one of the E90, though...
And the M5 Touring will will be sold from september on, it's not available yet...as is the RS6 Touring since the RS6 in general hasn't been presented or even been published any real info about it...

And on the picture it's clear to see that it's a 5 series...

Last edited:
More news guys, i was told yesterday that when TG were filming at Manchester, one of the engines on the rig exploded, not too sure if it will be showed in October.

This is what the rig looks like when lit
fire-trainer.jpg

I also heard clarkson was up to his usual self, chain smoking and swearing constantly throughout the night:D

Last edited: