Colin McRae:Dirt

I edited the maps so that I can race the Impreza on the buggy track. It's quite fun rubbin' paint with Mcrae over the jumps :lol: He's more aggressive than the buggy AI drivers. The car is setup for tarmac, so the offroad drifting is quite intense :D

Same here......but the lack of head-to-head multiplayer will be the only thing missing :(

I just found a new way to entertain my self with the Demo. See how many parts you can get to 0% with the buggy and still keep it going (Not loosing wheels) My record is 6 (Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust, Driveshaft, Suspension and Cooling System)

Speaking of crashes, here's a pretty nice video Codemasters put together:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFHpygoh8g0[/youtube]

How did I miss this thread? Downloaded the demo for my 360 last night, AWESOME!

Right on. After playing the demo to death, I'll definitely be buying this game :thumbup:

Any one try the multiplayer mode? I quite like it.

Multiplayer? wtf??

360 owners get screwed, no options and no multiplayer mode.. lame.

What? I'm pretty sure it has multiplayer. I thought I read where 360 people were talking about it over at the forum.

If it doesn't, it definitely will in the full version.

Nope, no multiplayer. :mad:

All we get is 3 tracks and barely any options at all.

Man that sucks....

Well, I can tell you a bit about it then. It is pretty cool for what it is. So far, you can only race on the rally stage, so in the tradition of true rallying, you aren't racing side by side with the other cars, but in a sense you are because you and the other players are all racing simultaneously in real-time, only you can't see them on the track. You can however see them on the left progress bar and the top right shows you what place you are in. So it's rallying in real-time, which is pretty fun. The hardcore rally guys love it.

However, I enjoy the other cars/tracks as well, so I would really like to race head-to-head with 10 people on the buggy tracks, wheel-to-wheel over the jumps, but as of right now, it seems that they have no plans to include the other modes for multiplayer, such as the buggies. We only get rally, which is good, but why should we only get the other stuff on single player.

If you'd like to see the other modes added to the multiplayer, please join me in voicing your opinion over at the DiRT forum:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=537

It seems that the only way we can get their attention is to complain. The official reason Codemasters gave for not adding more multiplayer modes is that they were running out of time before the release date and they either had to focus on the graphics or the multiplayer, so they choose to focus on the graphics. I wish they would have just pushed the release date back and completed all the aspects of the game :( Lame excuse, IMO.

i dont like how losing a wheel = out of the rally

heck i've seen cars go over the finish line with only two wheels... losing one is not that big a deal

Anyone else gonna buy this game? I pre-ordered the PC version. It handles like a dream with an X360 controller :)

I was planning on, but I have zero money right now and Forza is next on my list :rolleyes:

Maybe a little after its released I can pick it up, it is a great game.

i'm not gonna pre order this, but i might pick it up for 360 later at some time. i don't have much money right now either and i'm saving for a new set of speakers for my PC (creative T20 Gigaworks if anyone's interested :) )

I was planning on getting it once it came out, but football season-tickets go on sale tomorrow 8)

Last edited: