Forza Motorsport 2

Has the difference between the normal and the collectors edition been discussed? How many addons are we talking about? Like 10-20 cars or just a couple...

3 cars, cool box, and a book about every manufacturour

3 Cars and a book. And MUCH MUCH MUCH better packaging
Subaru Impreza S204
Ferrari Challenge Stradale
Saleen 281 E

Those will be able to be purchased over XBL as PDLC, but at a later time.

Meh... Thx for the info guys, I guess I'll take whatevers cheap next week...

JB Hi-Fi here usually charge the same for collectors edition as everyone else does for the standard one (then regular is like $5 cheaper)

Yes they do, really nice effect. I did Endurance race, 45laps@Laguna Seca, car got really dirty :).

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think the cars look like they belong in the movie "Cars."

..and I really wanted to love this game.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think the cars look like they belong in the movie "Cars."

..and I really wanted to love this game.

I think its more of a lighting issue for you. But I think this game looks great. Are you planning on getting it?

Man, Nordschleife FTW... I hope the local shops give it out a day early, Thursday is a holiday, so maybe Wednesday... I'll be on the phone trying to get this...

Those endurance races are a bitch. Does anybody know how long the final ones are?

this game looks like total ASS on our new 40inch samsung LCD

(its a 1080p set though)

i turned that game mode on which helps a little by redcuing brightness and contrast because the standard image is just eye bleedingly horrid to look at.

you can clearly see the MIP-MAP boundry's, AF seems non existant.... but the cars just look so rough around the edges especially as they get further from you. bright spots on the cars from reflections are way over blown, the colours are super saturated the blacks are so dark that one side of the car is very nearly pitch black. its just a mess of bright colours and fuzzy definiton... i mean you cannot pick out many details on the cars as they get further ahead they just become blobs of overly bright colour

it looks fine on my 20inch dell, but complete crap on the 40inch samsung. ill have to play with the settings. all other games looked fine on the samsung though, it was just forza that was horrid.

i did have to use the component cables mind because for some reason the tv said the signal wasnt compatible when i plugged the VGA cable into the back of it.

i think it must be the component cables....i saw in PC world they had a 32 inch samsung with PGR3 on it and that looked like ass too.... over blown highlights, really jaggy un-refined look to the cars, shadows were way to dark and had harsh edges.

Last edited:
I think its more of a lighting issue for you. But I think this game looks great. Are you planning on getting it?

You're right, the lighting is the main thing irritating me, it just doesn't look realistic. I wouldn't complain but from most people I talked to before it came out told me it would look incredibly real, I guess I'm just let down.

Yes I plan on buying it 8) May not be until next week though.

45 Laps around Tusuba.
#1 DiuSee VW Golf GTi Mk5 1:05.287 50:14.885
#2 M. Rossi Vauxhall Astra 1:06.389 50:31.287

164,408 CR

Braking Only
ABS Off
TCS Off
STM Off
Manual
Hard
Simulation
Simulation
40%

Damage 0%

Car Rarity
Base 3.4 2000 CR
Installed Parts 1.5 7559 CR
Car level 5 3.0 14,849 CR
total 7.9 24,408

And Up 2 driver levels... Should have really driven a car that had Car Level 0!
Also free 2004 Toyota #35 Yellow Hat YMS Supra with a bonus 50,000 CR for finishing the race.

Hands very tired
Eyes very tried
Brain some what tired
Car very very very very very Dirty :)

n802160719_581557_9225.jpg