James May on model trains

BananaBoy_S4

Car(s)
2001 Audi S4
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ8IjZ3tUas[/youtube]

probably a repost but what the hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could say R.....t but I won't cause I've just rewatched a very nostalgic piece of Tele and made me feel 12 year old again.

Actually, it's part of a one-hour TV special James May presented called "Top Toys" (as made obvious by the title on the YouTube video page ;)).

It's available in the FTP section. It's a recommended look-see :)

Aye, that was good. I gave copy to my Dad at Christmas (we have two train sets up that time of year). I remember The Quest some of us undertook to find a good copy of that show, as the one in the FTP had gotten corrupted somehow. I think someone found it lurking in a forgotten folder on a disused HDD or something.

Awesome. I liked the way he bought that train at auction and then threw away the box and played with it! Very cool!

But now I have 'Get It Together' by the Beastie Boys stuck in my head.:rolleyes:

of course may does something like this

he must have had a very fulfilling childhood

I love this show, I agree with everything James says, it just echos my views totally.

Especially the Lego stuff, with all the new Lego just being horrible premoulded bits.

But yeah, the trainset auction thing is a fantastic "protest" against all those nerds out there!

That thing is just awsome. Watched it many times, and I must add, James May is the King.

And he's SO correct!

I love this show, I agree with everything James says, it just echos my views totally.

Especially the Lego stuff, with all the new Lego just being horrible premoulded bits.

But yeah, the trainset auction thing is a fantastic "protest" against all those nerds out there!

Hey, I'm a nerd and would never spend money at an auction on something as cool as those and never use them. I would make sure to set them up as soon as possible. Although, at the moment I don't have a train set, I've always wanted to have one and hope to have on when I have more space.

The setup he has there could be probably be attained for under $1000 USD. Well under that. I think that would be money well spent on hours of entertainment.

When I get the money, time and space, I think I will have a setup similar to his. Just watching that video gave me that excited feeling I only equate now, as an adult, to anxiety! :lol:

Reactions: Jay