V8 Computer Case

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
I love it, I want one. Lets face how many of you are sad enough to have a see though panel and lights I mean WTF? why do you want to light up the inside of a computer and have a glass panel to look at it. You throw scorn on that yet what makes you think ya glass panel and lights any better.

^^

Nothing, mostly because I don't have any glass panels or lights. The case Blind_Io posted is just in bad taste. Like that Viper sofa Viper007Bond posted a while ago.

The case just screams tacky. It's as bad as collecting porcelain figurines.

Some people enjoy showing off their computers a bit, especially if they built it. Nothing wrong with some tasteful lights or a side panel, as long as it's in good taste. My case has a window with some white accent lighting, it looks nice while still being restrained.

The case Blind posted is gaudy and disgusting, outreaching good taste.

I was just talking about the amount of work that went into making the case. It's no easy to make a completely custom case, trust me, I know.

As for the other comments. My computers both have window sides (one just by chance, it's my Frankenstein computer made of spare parts). My primary PC is in a Thermaltake Tsunami case with blue lighting inside and two small accent LEDs on the door. I built both my computers and think they are both tasteful cases.

The Tsunami is a good case, I had one up until last week, when I switched to the Antec P182.

I do appreciate the work going into those elaborate cases, but I don't care for how the end result looks. They're fine for dads to build for their children, but I wouldn't have one for myself.

It's so bad that it's cool.

I don't care how tacky it it.......thats cool. Very cool

I'm going to have to disagree... it's awful.

X2! :lol:

The case Blind_Io posted is just in bad taste.

The case just screams tacky. It's as bad as collecting porcelain figurines.

The case Blind posted is gaudy and disgusting, outreaching good taste.

^ I'm with them.

But then, I've never understood the point of showing off the internals of a pc with a windowed case.

A computer case that looks like an engine...that's mantastic!! If I had one I'd set it up so it plays a clip of a beefy V8 revving as the windows startup sound. :D

Saw this on another forum, yech, and the specs are average:

P4 1.6 Gigahorses,512ram 400fsbuss/dvd-16x dvd-rom bdv cdrom,samsung cd-r/rw sw-216b,elby dvd-rom scsi cdrom device,standard floppy,3d surround sound equalizer,nvdia graphics card,two hd coolers for c&d drives,two cd storage cases,two sets of coolmaster gauges,550 antec power supply,4 80mm case fans,2 120mm front case fans

You'd think this David Ledogar chap would've wanted to really give it the beans

I've never understood the point of showing off the internals of a pc with a windowed case.

For PC-Geeks its the same as looking under the hood of a car. Most people who have windowed cases build their own machines so no two are alike. They are expressions of the owner, and many owners like to show off the hardware. Guys spend time routing wires to make the case tidy and not restrict airflow, some guys use water-cooling systems that look awesome with all the tubing. Heat-sinks can be replaced and some of them look really spiffy with all that copper. It's all about expression.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If someone doesn't like the case it doesn't hurt my feelings. It's not like I built the sucker.

Why does he have velocity stacks and a blower housing?

Because he obviously is an idiot who has no clue about engines, even though he is a talented fabricator.

i should like it... i like fancy cases and V8s. but i think it's crap. it looks cheap and why are there 2 normal cases on the side. great idea though, i'll admit that.