Food! [The thread that started this section]

I always wanted to watch that show..

yea, eatingwhile watching dirty jobs, not best.

I always wanted to watch that show..

yea, eatingwhile watching dirty jobs, not best.

I assume you have read the book (if not you should) but the show is really really good. It does a decent job of capturing the controlled chaos / verbal abuse that is a kitchen in full swing while still being smart and funny

yeah probably not the best plan ever

Made some ramen from scratch(i had to get the noodles from a pack, but everything else, i done made myself)
http://img259.imageshack.**/img259/6549/image029rp8.jpg

Last edited:
Looks delicious! Could you specify what's in it?

i dont have exact amounts cuz i just kinda found out what was generally in tonkotsu ramen and made the rest up.

For the stock it was pork bones and trotters, some leeks, carrots, onions(green and white), an apple, konbu seaweed, some garlic, uh, something else, and a little chicken stock. A the base was made of shoyu, pork, sake, and garlic.

then i added some um, noodles, sweet corn, bamboo, pork, bean sprouts, and some chopped oregano

It came out pretty good, i'd make it again if it didnt cost $30 for everything. lasted a few days tho which was nice

This is my dinner from yesterday. It's whale. And no, we are not killing the whales, we're taking some of them, and it does not hurt the environment.

http://img510.imageshack.**/img510/2666/dsc01247pv2.th.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/107/dsc01248uu2.th.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/1223/dsc01249dv6.th.jpg

^ does it taste like chicken haha :)

I would love to eat whale, but sadly it's rather difficult to get over here. How common is whale in Norway? Could I get some at a restaurant in Olso or Bergen? I would even go to Norway just for that... :D

whales are a rare commodity here in the middle of texas. how is it. i wonder how it tastes since its a mammal that eats seafood

I would love to eat whale, but sadly it's rather difficult to get over here. How common is whale in Norway? Could I get some at a restaurant in Olso or Bergen? I would even go to Norway just for that... :D
Whale is very common. I got it at the local fish shop, fresh and nice.

You would surtainly be able to get it at a restaurant in Bergen or Oslo. But being German, you should do the only German thing in Norway, besides invading us, which is going to Lofoten in a homemobile. The availability of whale meat there is quite wast.

whales are a rare commodity here in the middle of texas. how is it. i wonder how it tastes since its a mammal that eats seafood
Well, whale tastes a bit like normal meat, hard to describe. A mix of beef and cod in my book.

What's bad, is that you CAN get a piece which tastes of cod liver oil, it was a lot worse in the old days, before they were able to keep the meat cool after catching the damn things, but you MIGHT still get that taste. But I spoke to a cook yesterday, while I was fixing the laptop of the daughter of her friend, and she said that putting it in water with a bit of vinegar, would fix it.

But it's a nice meal, in my mind.

Now I am very curious about the taste to whale...

i wonder how big a whale tenderloin would be. I really wanna cook with it now

If you want to dabble in whale, be sure to get a fresh piece. Because if you get a piece that tastes of cod-liver oil, you will be turned of it for a looong time (personal experience here....)

Absolutely true.

But another important thing, is that you MUST NOT COOK IT FOR TOO LONG. No matter where it's made, on the grill or the pan. Fry it for too long, and it's ruined.

I've got a question. I've never been to Burger King cause there isn't one in Russia, so i wanna ask is it better then Mcdonalds?

^ Ah, don't be silly. Burger King is alright but McDonald's is way better. The worst thing about BK is that after eating their food you will stink like a barbecue for the remainder of your day.

In .nl BK is WAAAAAAAY better than McD. McD excels at selling pieces of leather between 2 pieces of sponge with some undefined pieces of red and green stuff added, while BK serves real meat, real bread and fresh veggies.

^ True, but which tastes better?