The highest temperature of the summer thread...

Nope, only 37?C so far here. What's it like in Rome? I'll be touring Italy (Venezia, Gardaland, Verona, Pisa, Roma, Pompei) from 12th to 19th.

It's been getting to around 95-100 (35-38?C) degrees Fahrenheit around here for the past few weeks. It should get hotter as we get farther through the summer.

Currently 12.4 Celcius here with rain and strong wind, just how I like it (OK without the rain). It got to about 28 Celcius a few eeks back but that is way too hot for me, I like it around 15 Celcius or lower.

I think the warmest it has been here is 80F. As Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

Blind_Io: I'm rewatching sliders and that exact line was used in an episode i saw yesterday! :D

that summer pretty much sucks this year...our cellar almost got flooded three times already this year (something i've only experienced three times in the 20 years before,) electricity was gone after a thunderstorm (which i have never experienced around here before) and there was even a tornado that raged through frankfurt (which must be the first time in history.)

no need to check the temperature. ;)

Haven't really broken the 90 F mark (about 32.2 C), but we've been floating around there here in Daytona...

It's currently 107F or 42C as I type at 7:10pm. Last week we saw temps into the 113F range, even though the weather report said otherwise.

http://img207.imageshack.**/img207/8854/untitledav9.jpg

Link

Last edited:
It's currently 107F or 42C as I type at 7:10pm. Last week we saw temps into the 113F range, even though the weather report said otherwise.

http://img207.imageshack.**/img207/8854/untitledav9.jpg

Link

"But it's a dry heat!"

So far here I think we've only seen 90F days twice. We're supposed to have one tomorrow so after work I'm going for a mile run, and then a swim.

that summer pretty much sucks this year...our cellar almost got flooded three times already this year (something i've only experienced three times in the 20 years before,) electricity was gone after a thunderstorm (which i have never experienced around here before) and there was even a tornado that raged through frankfurt (which must be the first time in history.)

no need to check the temperature. ;)

Struggeling to reach 18 degrees celsius at the moment, April was 5 - 10 degrees warmer! :)

"But it's a dry heat!"

I've spent a ton of time in the desert and I'm a former "heat casualty" (as my brother puts it) - meaning I was deep into heat exhaustion and on the verge of going into heat stroke - some say that I did (based on my symptoms). I remember having auditory hallucinations for several hours and not being able to cool off, even after lying in the shade of a rock and soaking my clothes with water from a seep spring.

Once it gets over 110, it's just fucking HOT! Dry heat, wet heat, doesn't matter a damn. It's just bloody HOT! I was out at 3 PM (hottest time of the day) hauling rocks in an oven-like sandstone canyon so we could get the Jeep out of a very difficult area. We were stacking "cheat stones" - essentially building a road up and over obstacles too tall for the vehicle to mount on it's own. Fortunately I had insisted on bringing extra water - we had over 11 gallons for two people, plus what was in the cooler. (The Israeli army found that soldiers working in the desert heat need a gallon of water per hour. I was sweating it out faster than I could drink it.)

I ended up putting hand fulls of ice from the cooler in my hat to try to cool my blood while I worked. That helped for a bit, but I finally had to stop working or pass out and go into shock.

I'm a desert rat - I love the desert, but like all desert critters, I only want to come out at night.

Last edited: