How prestigious is Brunel University?

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
After hearing multiple references to Brunel on TG including JC's doctorate degree, i looked up Brunel U on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunel_University

but seriously how good is the school's reputation, is it considered a major academic institution, or considered more a middle level technical college?

according to newsweek and the UK University League it doesnt rank in the top 100 worldwide or in the top 15 in the UK so, maybe a good school but its not prestigious

Depends upon the course - I would not look at it for a Fine Art degree (I doubt that they offer one).

Last edited:
Well, being able to say you have a docterate at a University is impressive no matter where you got it. It takes a lot of hard work.

Or, you could just get in the cereal box in the morning.

Well, being able to say you have a docterate at a University is impressive no matter where you got it. It takes a lot of hard work.

Or, you could just get in the cereal box in the morning.

not exactly cereal box, he got his thru a program he presented honoring Mr Brunel himself

Clarkson is passionate about engineering, especially pioneering work, as his television programmes about Isambard Kingdom Brunel and the Colossus computer have shown. Clarkson was awarded an honorary degree from Brunel University on 12 September 2003, partly because of his work in popularising engineering, and partly because of his advocacy of Isambard Kingdom Brunel in the 100 Greatest Britons programme.[19]

I am quite aware of that, I was making an ironic joke.

I get you nomix

Always a pleasure.

As for Brunel university, any uni named after the great Brunel, gets the thumbs up from me.

Yes, I share the Clarkson possesses for Victorian technology. Anyone seen that series, "Seven wonders of the industrial world"? Think that's what it was called.

Man, I just love those old days.

Last edited:
I am quite aware of that, I was making an ironic joke.

I knew you were making a joke, i just ignored it and i just wanted an excuse to post that wiki quote

My uni is named after Sir John Monash, does that make it prestigious....

lol :p

lol, I don't think that they're well known for IT though :p

I know someone who helped develop the NJStar software, which is Chinese/Japanese/Korean word processor. He graduated from Monash with a computer-related (IT) degree, so I guess Monash is pretty good with computers and software development.

Funnily enough I belive it's engineering school is quite highly regarded but the uni as a whole is nothing special.