Transformers

They better not have screwed it up like they have all the DC and Marvel stuff, that's all I got to say. Buncha hippies in California are ruining all the classics.

This movie is just like a big useless supercar, it's supposed to make you feel like you're 10 years old again. If you're going to bash it because of a bad script/acting/writing, then you clearly don't get what this movie is trying to do.

No, I do get it. But I went to see 100 foot-tall fighting robots, so when the 100-foot-tall robots are fighting I wanna see it! Either do a human interest piece or an SFX piece with lots of explosions and bombs and dismemberment of giant robots. I don't want to see the reaction of the characters, that distracts from the explosions and fighting!

Yeah I agree, I paid to see 100ft. robots fighting, I want to see them actually fighting, not some kid hiding behind a pile of rubble. I did like the movie and I do say it's one of Michael Bay's better works. It was a good summer blockbuster, but it's no oscar winner.

I just saw it, and it is AWESOME! Never really liked transformers (I had a few toys when i was little..), but the movie rocked!

I semi agree with Blind_Io there should have been more shots of robots kicking the shit out of each other. That being said i will never complain about having to look at Megan Fox good lord is she hot.

I wish they had a better story but i don't know how you could pack much more in without making the movie 4 hours long (not that i would have complained) either way it is well worth seeing and i look forward to the sequel.

did i mention Megan Fox is hot? because she is... really really hot... wow... with the bending over to look into the engine bay wow... hot

It was ok. I was going in expecting something a bit more serious but that may have been my mistake. When I was a child I watched the cartoon but I don't really remember any of it.

Well I loved it. Even noticed a couple things from the beast wars. :D

And hearing Soundwave say "shit" was pretty funny.

I thought it was great, it balanced the human and giant-robot elements rather well.

I am prepared for what's coming, but I thought this movie was utterly ridiculous. And this is coming from someone who used to love Transformers as a kid.

Blatant product placement like no other movie I've seen. The whole thing was a commercial for GM. Except for the Saleen Mustang, and a stray Taurus and Corolla, every car on the road was a Pontiac, Chevy or Cadillac.

The acting was awful and the characters themselves were stereotypical and just about everything they said was a cliche. Trying to slip a love story into there was admirable, but of course it was completely unnecessary and painful to watch. And I wish I could remember all of the classic one-liners.

The fight scenes were spectacular but at times there was so much going on at once that I lost track of who was blowing up who. The Autobots and Decepticons themselves looked absurdly complex compared to the way I remembered them. A lot of the time I didn't even know which Decepticon I was looking at at all.

And then very quickly they try to cram in the whole "humans are worth saving because they are courageous" bullshit. I especially like Optimus Prime's speech about how humans aren't unlike themselves...

The original cartoon was nothing more then a 20 minute toy commercial each week, if you want to talk about product placement. And the original cartoon was cheesy as all hell, if you can remember. And the animation sucked.

So I'd say the movie was a pretty damn good improvement over what it was based on. But that's just me.

Matrix II turned into a GM commercial during the entire freeway scene, but nobody complained back then.

It's a movie based on a cartoon about talking alien robots that transform into vehicles. Try not to take it so seriously. We all knew about the GM thing going in. Actually, it is one of the reasons why the movie only cost $150 million to make instead of $300 million.

The original cartoon was nothing more then a 20 minute toy commercial each week, if you want to talk about product placement. And the original cartoon was cheesy as all hell, if you can remember. And the animation sucked.

So I'd say the movie was a pretty damn good improvement over what it was based on. But that's just me.

I'm saying that that's where Transformers should have stayed, a cheesy but hilarious cartoon that started before I was born. Bringing it to life just didn't work in my opinion. I have a strong feeling that the upcoming Speed Racer movie will be along the same lines.

Matrix II turned into a GM commercial during the entire freeway scene, but nobody complained back then.

Nobody complained because they did need cars and some company has to provide them- and it goes to the lowest bidder.

BUT NOT with transformers. Bumble-Bee IS a VW ( if I remember correctly) so you CANNOT just substitute a CAMARO!

After I,robot, I swore I would never pay money see another 2 hour infomercial again. So GM may have forced me to be a pirate.

BUT NOT with transformers. Bumble-Bee IS a VW ( if I remember correctly) so you CANNOT just substitute a CAMARO!

I heard something about VW not allowing them to use the image of the Beetle.

I'm saying that that's where Transformers should have stayed, a cheesy but hilarious cartoon that started before I was born. Bringing it to life just didn't work in my opinion. I have a strong feeling that the upcoming Speed Racer movie will be along the same lines.

I think it worked out just fine. The storyline wasn't all that great, but this film had to re-introduce everyone and explain what was going on. If you remember what happened in the pilot episode of Transformers the series, the movie sorta followed those first 3 episodes, at least when you think about what happened to the Decepticons and why the Autobots thought they were dead. The original cartoon wasn't very hilarious.

I think it worked out just fine. The storyline wasn't all that great, but this film had to re-introduce everyone and explain what was going on. If you remember what happened in the pilot episode of Transformers the series, the movie sorta followed those first 3 episodes, at least when you think about what happened to the Decepticons and why the Autobots thought they were dead. The original cartoon wasn't very hilarious.

Maybe I was just easily amused as a kid. If you liked the movie, I'm not going to try to change your mind. I went into the theater not expecting much, but the movie failed to fulfill even my lowest expectations. The only thing I liked about the movie was the fact that the same voice actor who did the original Optimus Prime was used and Meagan Fox of course.

Maybe I was just easily amused as a kid. If you liked the movie, I'm not going to try to change your mind. I went into the theater not expecting much, but the movie failed to fulfill even my lowest expectations. The only thing I liked about the movie was the fact that the same voice actor who did the original Optimus Prime was used and Meagan Fox of course.
Then I think you went into the theater not knowing anything about what you were about to see. But hey, maybe you're just bashing the movie because most people seemed to have liked it. I don't know.

Then I think you went into the theater not knowing anything about what you were about to see. But hey, maybe you're just bashing the movie because most people seemed to have liked it. I don't know.

I'm not the kind to go against the grain just for the sake of going against the grain. And I am not criticizing you for liking something that I did not.