rx8 or 350z

rx8 or 350z

• Total voters
goneinsixtyseconds said:
obviously i'm a bit biased ... but 350z ALL THE WAY :thumbsup:

stock to stock form, the low end torque and power of the z by far makes it a more fun car to drive than the rx-8 :)

on the track whether it's drag or circuit, the z will smoke a rx-8 any day of the week

but yeah, i have tons of vids of my z on the street if you want an idea of what it looks/sounds like, so gimme a shout :)

shout! hooray! the only thing i dont like about the 350z is the damn steering wheel, but thats nothing

was tough to answer, I love rotaries and Z cars, but the rx8 is ugly and the 350z is hawt :bangin: ... I don't actually think it's a fair comparisson, aafter all the 350z is a 2door 2 seat coupe while the rx8 is like a 2+2 saloon :thumbsdown: so I said 350z, but if it were versus a new rx7, no question I'd go the rotar 8)

i just made it 50-50... :p

Like I said it that other 350z thread, if it is the 35th Anniversary Edition or tuned by Nismo, I would take the 350. Otherwise the RX-8 I guess.

I voted for the Nissan :)

The 350Z is a little bit too flawed for me. The engine is too weak and the car is too heavy. Plus, the trim pieces looks like it was lifted off an American car--very cheap feeling. That car came missing with at least 50hp from the factory. With that much weight, it needs close to 400hp to satisfy my needs.

Since I dislike rotary engines for daily driven street cars, I chose the 350Z. Although I love high revving engines, this one is too weak and lacks the tuning potential of the Nissan V6. I love how they tuned the chassis on the RX-8 though. (I agree 100% with Clarkson on this one) I just felt that it was still too heavy!

So, I hate heavy cars and heavy girls. :lol:

^:lmao:

Vette Boss said:
Z Draci said:
So, I hate heavy cars and heavy girls. :lol:

Why do you live in America then? ;)

:lol:
If I had the choice, I would have never come here!
Every time I go out, it seems like I'm in the elephant or hippo pen of a zoo. It's just disguisting . . .

_38157357_fat_us_grab_300.jpg

namibia-etosha-p-61.3.jpg

Hippo_family.jpg

350z for me also. My cousin has the rx8 and it is an awesome car in many ways. Pretty much in every way except the wankel. As much fun as it can be on a race track, its not in everyday life. Try pulling away from a standstill smoothly everytime with the rx8. Plus the 3.5 is more reliable (I see quite a few rx8s sold second hand with new engines) , you dont need to put in oil every 5th tank, and you get the wonderful torque in low revs which makes everyday driving and overtaking much much more comfortable.

Holy bump indeed!

I'd have to go with the Z. But I'm curious as to why everybody here calls the rx-8 more practical when everybody I know that has/had an rx-8 had nothing but problems with the wankel engine.

RX-8, hands down. It's built more in the spirit of the great European sports cars of the 50s and 60s. It has a small, lightweight but powerful engine front-mid mounted in an ultra-lightweight body and has excellent handling. And I do mean excellent. The car is loads of fun to drive in every way.

As a bonus you have a rear seat to hold a duffel bag or a couple rugrats if need be and a proper boot that doesn't put everything on display under glass. The 350 just has a shelf back there. To me the 350 can't decide if it's a sports car or a muscle car. The RX-8 is a true and pure sports car, but somehow manages to incorporate aspects of a practical sedan (you can even insure it as a four-door!)

The RX-8 has a 9,000 RPM red line. Other cars have red lines that high but the engine is screaming to be shifted before then. The RX-8 will almost effortlessly hit that mark, in fact it has a buzzer to warn you that you are over-reving and need to shift.

Damn, now I want to be back home so I can take the "Rex" out for a spin.

Paco - My dad owns an RX-8 and has had no problems at all. If you are talking about that recall a while ago all it needed was a software update and new sparkplugs. The whole "the engines will need to be replaced! Stupid rotarys!" got started because Mazda said that they would fix the problem no matter what - even if that meant replacing the engines. To the best of my knowledge they never had to replace a motor.

RX8 for the engine, 350Z for the modding potential.

RX8 for the practicallity and the looks, and 350Z for easier sideways action...

i dont know... maybe take both??