Acabion GTBO - a veyron destroyer?

This is like saying "Mike Tyson is better than Jessica Alba".

That's easy. No he isn't and I can prove it.
Who would you rather have bite you?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

That's easy. No he isn't and I can prove it.
Who would you rather have bite you?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Well, some people would actually prefer getting bitten by Mike Tyson.

The same sort of people would rather take the Acabion than the Veyron...
and then get their ear bitten-off in the first bend :p

Regardless of the claims about this car and its performance figures, the first thought that came to my mind was "Holy crap! I must drive this thing!" It's just eleventy different kinds of awesome. Call me weird but I think this vehicle would be more fun than an Atom. It's a lot funkier looking too! :thumbsup:

We'd better make a lot more threads then;

Comets - a veyron destroyer?
Fighter jets - a veyron destroyer?
Electrons in a particle accelerator - a veyron destroyer?
The space shuttle - a veyron destroyer?

:lol::rofl::roflmao: TOO FUNNY!

But his is like the "which 5 cars would you have threads" except theres also articles too.

for me the winning arguement for the Veyron when one of these 'veyron killers' come along is, "is it as practical as a veyron? can you use it everyday, does it have the luxuries of an everyday car?" its really kind of pathetic when people say oh yea a stripped out modded car can beat the veyron. idiots

for me the winning arguement for the Veyron when one of these 'veyron killers' come along is, "is it as practical as a veyron? can you use it everyday, does it have the luxuries of an everyday car?" its really kind of pathetic when people say oh yea a stripped out modded car can beat the veyron. idiots
Veyron, practical...??? :lol:

Ok, you can get two people in it, like most lightweight supercars as well (Zonda, Enzo, Carrera GT etc...), but there is no space for luggage in the Veyron. So what is the point with a those silly luxuries that only disconnects you from the driving experience then? If you ask me, loading up a supercar with so much stuff that just disconnects you from the driving experience is simply just pointless. So the Veyron is not really practical, and it's not really an involving driving machine either, so it ends up in the supercar "no-mans-land" together with the SLR being neither nor, rather than best of both. This is why it lost out to the mentioned above supercars in EVO's group test...

Anyway this bike thing, looks more like something you would get if you go into a shop and asks for some fast and expensive death...

Ok, you can get two people in it, like most stripped out supercars, but there is no space for luggage in the Veyron. So what is the point with a those silly luxuries that only disconnects you from the driving experience then? If you ask me, loading up a supercar with so much stuff that just disconnects you from the driving experience is simply just pointless. So the Veyron is not really practical, and it's not really a driving machine either, so it ends up in the supercar "no-mans-land" together with the SLR being neither nor, rather than best of both.
How do you know it feels disconnected, have you driven one? And I'd take a hypercar that disconnects me a bit from driving rather than a hypercar *coughCCXcough* that scares me for five minutes and then kills me or makes my ears bleed and my body hurt.

How do you know it feels disconnected, have you driven one? And I'd take a hypercar that disconnects me a bit from driving rather than a hypercar *coughCCXcough* that scares me for five minutes and then kills me or makes my ears bleed and my body hurt.
Just annother proof that you should't take Jeremy Clarkson's words too seriously...

Anyway, No, I haven't driven any of them, and neither has anyone else on this board. So therefore I base my statements on what's said about them by others who have. I use EVO as a reference mainly because what they are looking for is the total driving experience and useability rather than just drooling over numbers. So, Yes I'd much rather have a CCX than a Veyron. The CCX is nowhere near what Clarkson described it as. What he tested was a pre-production test mule rushed out for a motorshow with neither the aerodynamics, suspension and engine management programmed properly tuned (they reconed the engine made about 600 -650 hp in that state) This was because the BBC was constantly barging about getting it in time for the 2006 season opening. That's why they wanted it to have annother go later and the result was obvious; The TG lap record holder was the finalized car. They did a lot more than fitting it with a wing, unlike what Jeremy said. This has been put up many times before...

Ok, you can get two people in it, like most lightweight supercars as well (Zonda, Enzo, Carrera GT etc...), but there is no space for luggage in the Veyron. So what is the point with a those silly luxuries that only disconnects you from the driving experience then? If you ask me, loading up a supercar with so much stuff that just disconnects you from the driving experience is simply just pointless. So the Veyron is not really practical, and it's not really an involving driving machine either, so it ends up in the supercar "no-mans-land" together with the SLR being neither nor, rather than best of both. This is why it lost out to the mentioned above supercars in EVO's group test...

Anyway this bike thing, looks more like something you would get if you go into a shop and asks for some fast and expensive death...

Yes, but that makes the Veyron and SLR a better gran tourismo than some of the others. Luxury and performance without an obvious preferance of one. Sure, they don't perform like a Enzo, and they aren't quite Maybachs and Royces, but they have a fair share of both, rather than a little comfort and a lot of omph!

Granted I'm still set on making my super Volvo when I have the money, but whatever...

Just annother proof that you should't take Jeremy Clarkson's words too seriously...
I never mentioned Jeremy Clarkson, and I can't recall that he said those things about the CCX either.

Before I continue, we need to get something straight here. There is opinion and there's fact. You can have any opinion on anything you like, that's your call. And you can give arguments why you have a specific opinion. But you do not have to justify it by twisting or ignoring facts.

Anyway, No, I haven't driven any of them, and neither has anyone else on this board. So therefore I base my statements on what's said about them by others who have. I use EVO as a reference mainly because what they are looking for is the total driving experience and useability rather than just drooling over numbers.
Well, if they are out for the ultimate driving machine, the Veyron surely isn't their first choice. And that makes it a bad car?

So, Yes I'd much rather have a CCX than a Veyron.
... which is perfectly fine with me. If we'd all like the same car, wouldn't the world be boring? You like the CCX better, I like the Veyron better - period! But how is that connected to the Veyron not being practical, as you said?

The CCX is nowhere near what Clarkson described it as. What he tested was a pre-production test mule rushed out for a motorshow with neither the aerodynamics, suspension and engine management programmed properly tuned (they reconed the engine made about 600 -650 hp in that state) This was because the BBC was constantly barging about getting it in time for the 2006 season opening. That's why they wanted it to have annother go later and the result was obvious; The TG lap record holder was the finalized car. They did a lot more than fitting it with a wing, unlike what Jeremy said. This has been put up many times before...
So? I didn't bring this up, it isn't even connected to what we were talking about.

I'll admit that the Veyron doesn't really look great, but there's no way that this 'thing' could beat a Veyron all around.

And you can give arguments why you have a specific opinion. But you do not have to justify it by twisting or ignoring facts.
I have twisted or ignored what facts?

Well, if they are out for the ultimate driving machine, the Veyron surely isn't their first choice. And that makes it a bad car?
It doesn't make it a bad one, but it does make it rather pointless...

... which is perfectly fine with me. If we'd all like the same car, wouldn't the world be boring? You like the CCX better, I like the Veyron better - period! But how is that connected to the Veyron not being practical, as you said?
Again, It makes it pointless. There is no point in having a long distance cruiser with no luggage space. So it won't do it as a GT. It's also disconnected in feel as the likes of EVO and CAR pointed out, so it won't cut it as a proper supercar either. So to sum up the Veyron tries to be a GT with all the comfort equipment, but it also tries to be a supercar with all that performance, it tries to be both, but it ends up being neither.

So? I didn't bring this up, it isn't even connected to what we were talking about.
Saying the CCX would just scare you and then kill you. I thought that was a reference to Jeremy's test in the first episode of 2006, but then no, my bad. I just pointed out that what has been stated about the CCX's handling labelling it as dangerous is just not right...

I have twisted or ignored what facts?
You have presented opinion as facts, ignoring that it's just opinion.

It doesn't make it a bad one, but it does make it rather pointless...

Again, It makes it pointless. There is no point in having a long distance cruiser with no luggage space.
You see, what you're doing here is measuring the practicality of a car by your measures. The result is that you see no practically, therefor, you don't like the car. Where I am trying to get at is that other people have other needs, other point of views and look for other things in a car. And for them, the Veyron is not pointless. You need to understand the difference between "the Veyron is pointless" and "the Veyron is pointless in my opinion".

So it won't do it as a GT. It's also disconnected in feel as the likes of EVO and CAR pointed out, so it won't cut it as a proper supercar either. So to sum up the Veyron tries to be a GT with all the comfort equipment, but it also tries to be a supercar with all that performance, it tries to be both, but it ends up being neither.
Ok then, so please name any other car that gives you the same performance figures along with the same comfort. If you can name one, I am impressed. If you can't, how can this car be pointless?

Saying the CCX would just scare you and then kill you. I thought that was a reference to Jeremy's test in the first episode of 2006, but then no, my bad. I just pointed out that what has been stated about the CCX's handling labelling it as dangerous is just not right...
No, I didn't reference to Jeremy, rather than all the reviews I've read and seen. And I find it hard to believe that a mid-engined RWD car with nippy handling and this much grunt can not be dangerous. I am pretty sure I'd throw that thing in the ditch on the first day.

Ok then, so please name any other car that gives you the same performance figures along with the same comfort. If you can name one, I am impressed. If you can't, how can this car be pointless?
Nobody else has bothered to make a car with so much comforts (and subsequently less feel) and this performance becuse it simply makes no sense doing so...

No, I didn't reference to Jeremy, rather than all the reviews I've read and seen. And I find it hard to believe that a mid-engined RWD car with nippy handling and this much grunt can not be dangerous. I am pretty sure I'd throw that thing in the ditch on the first day.
So i'ts the cars fault if someone crashes? No, seriously, the car isn't dangerous at all. It's always the driver it depends on. It's not the car's fault if I throw it in a ditch the first day, it's my fault, for overestimating my own talents. There is a reason why driver error is the cause of almost all car accidents.

Nobody else has bothered to make a car with so much comforts (and subsequently less feel) and this performance becuse it simply makes no sense doing so...
Well, it's not like the Veyrons of this world spend all their time in the showrooms, is it? And if I could have any car in the world, it certainly belongs to the top three of the cars I'd love to own.
I can understand why you don't like it, but still, not the whole world shares your opinion. And that doesn't mean they are wrong, it means that other people have other opinions, and that there is no "right" opinion.

So i'ts the cars fault if someone crashes? No, seriously, the car isn't dangerous at all. It's always the driver it depends on. It's not the car's fault if I throw it in a ditch the first day, it's my fault, for overestimating my own talents. There is a reason why driver error is the cause of almost all car accidents.
There are cars that are easy to drive, and cars that are hard to drive. Technically, a crash mostly is the drivers fault. So the alternative of driving a hard to drive vehicle is to not drive it at all, cause you can't crash then? As soon as you enter todays traffic, things can happen even the most experienced, sophisticated and careful driver can not prevent. You share the road with others, and it can be them putting you in a situation. And then, the way your car behaves will make the difference between a crash and no crash.

There are cars that are easy to drive, and cars that are hard to drive. Technically, a crash mostly is the drivers fault. So the alternative of driving a hard to drive vehicle is to not drive it at all, cause you can't crash then?
No, the alternative is called common sense, and knowing your own limits. You don't have to drive a car like you stole it everywhere.

You share the road with others, and it can be them putting you in a situation. And then, the way your car behaves will make the difference between a crash and no crash.
Well, you are more likely to treat a car that is difficult to drive with more respect than one that is easy to drive. As the latter one might lull you into a sense of false security, and then abruptly it lets go. I have seen examples of that during the winters here, with people in cars loaded with electronic trickery and fancy 4wd systems thinking that they are invincible ending up in the ditch. This is usually after having been overtaken by them at ridiculous speeds just moments earier.

No, the alternative is called common sense, and knowing your own limits. You don't have to drive a car like you stole it everywhere.

Well, you are more likely to treat a car that is difficult to drive with more respect than one that is easy to drive. As the latter one might lull you into a sense of false security, and then abruptly it lets go. I have seen examples of that during the winters here, with people in cars loaded with electronic trickery and fancy 4wd systems thinking that they are invincible ending up in the ditch. This is usually after having been overtaken by them at ridiculous speeds just moments earier.
I've seen that too, and I know what you mean. Anyway, it is okay then to drive a CCX in the snow, given you're careful enough?

I've seen that too, and I know what you mean. Anyway, it is okay then to drive a CCX in the snow, given you're careful enough?
As long as you can get appropriate snow tires that fits those wheel dimensions, yes, it's okay. Allthoug it will be an exercise in extreme self contention, as it will constantly tempt you to do silly things with your right foot... ;)