Amusing speeding ticket

Our speed limit in Canada is typically 100 KM/h, sometimes 110, but never more than that. Our speed limits are actually defined by the laws of physics, because our highways are crap. If we went any faster, our cars would explode :lol:

110 is like in calgary! Which province are you from?

That's the best, lol.

110 is like in calgary! Which province are you from?
Manitoba, where the speed limit is never more than 100 KM/h. I've only seen 110 KM/h in Alberta, I think.

Our speed limit in Canada is typically 100 KM/h, sometimes 110, but never more than that. Our speed limits are actually defined by the laws of physics, because our highways are crap. If we went any faster, our cars would explode :lol:

That's one way to deal with speeders! :lol:

Damn, the limit here in the Bay is anywhere from 50 mph to 65 mph, but the freeway has two speeds: 80 mph and stopped. There is no in between.

we actually HAVE a limit of 80 here. the stretch of road is too far for me to just go over and experience it when i do 80-90 anyways here

I'm from Southern Ontario, so I can't really comment on road conditions in the rest of the country. The 401 is quite well maintained, but a bit broken within Toronto.

The 407 on the other hand, I wonder what the maximum design speed for that highway is. It's more than 220 km/h, for sure...

So the last time my family was in Canada, (Quebec- heading to Montreal) we saw the speed limits of 110 on the highway, and thought, "Nice...these Canadians have the right idea!"

Then we floored it. Going about twice as fast as anyone else on the road.

So the last time my family was in Canada, (Quebec- heading to Montreal) we saw the speed limits of 110 on the highway, and thought, "Nice...these Canadians have the right idea!"

Now that you mention it, I'm tempted to take a road trip down to the States and drive as fast as I damn well please (safely of course), because I won't lose demerit points if I'm caught.

I might still have to pay the fine though...

It seems you missed the "KM/H" in small print on the bottom of the sign :lol:

If I was the Canadian Kaiser, or whatever you have, I'd put a cluster of speed cameras just where the American tourists started their journey.

I can just see the Americans racing past the cameras at 100 miles per hour.

I'm from Southern Ontario, so I can't really comment on road conditions in the rest of the country. The 401 is quite well maintained, but a bit broken within Toronto.

The 407 on the other hand, I wonder what the maximum design speed for that highway is. It's more than 220 km/h, for sure...
I wouldn't speed on the 407, thats where the OPP have been making a lot of money catching speeders lately. 401 could technically have autobahn speeds it was originally made in the muscle car era and had much less traffic.

I wouldn't speed on the 407, thats where the OPP have been making a lot of money catching speeders lately. 401 could technically have autobahn speeds it was originally made in the muscle car era and had much less traffic.

I use long stretches of the 407 every week (I know... it's bleeding me dry), and I rarely dip below 130 km/h. I, and most others on that road, feel it's a reasonable speed. That's not to say there are no police cars there nabbing speeders, but there aren't many, and I haven't had a run-in yet. Funny enough the only time I've been caught was in a 50 zone, going 74.

The inter-city bits of the 401 can definitely support autobahn speeds. The people, however...

to Nomix: our kaiser, or the equivalent anyway, would be Elizabeth II...

Last edited:
If I was the Canadian Kaiser, or whatever you have, I'd put a cluster of speed cameras just where the American tourists started their journey.

I can just see the Americans racing past the cameras at 100 miles per hour.

Speed cameras aren't doing so well in our justice system here in the US. They may eventually be banned outright.

I suspect that it is similar in Canada.

Wouldnt the police or ppl that own the 407 be able to check how fast you were going, because they know what time you started and ended on the 407 and they know where you started and ended. So if they do a simple "velocity = distance/time" and they can say that you were speeding, if the "velocity" isnt close to 100

Speed cameras aren't doing so well in our justice system here in the US. They may eventually be banned outright.

I suspect that it is similar in Canada.

Why is that?

Can't you just amend the PATRIOT act, and use that to use speed cameras?

Well. Not really, but why is speed cameras a problem in the US?

And no, I don't like the cams.

Just read this for the first time. Thats hilarious.