Tour de France 2007

Im furious with myself, I fell asleep about 5 mins before they caught Wiggins and missed the ending :mad: Will catch the highlights on SBS later though.

Just a question regarding commentators. Does every english speaking country get Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen (who has a massive love for Sean Kelly, the 4 time winner of the Green Jersehy from Ireland) or are they just commentating for SBS Australia?

I ask, because they appear at the start in SBS shirts with Mike Tomalaris and talk a lot about the Aussies.

Im furious with myself, I fell asleep about 5 mins before they caught Wiggins and missed the ending :mad: Will catch the highlights on SBS later though.

Just a question regarding commentators. Does every english speaking country get Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen (who has a massive love for Sean Kelly, the 4 time winner of the Green Jersehy from Ireland) or are they just commentating for SBS Australia?

I ask, because they appear at the start in SBS shirts with Mike Tomalaris and talk a lot about the Aussies.

I think its the same for everyone

Ah ok, cos I know Phil Liggett commentates for Australia only at the Olympics and covers all our summer cycling races here.

Maybe SBS, who in my opinion are becoming a brilliant TV station now, have a deal going where they give their opinions before the coverage then.

Last edited:
Ah ok, cos I know Phil Liggett commentates for Australia only at the Olympics and covers all our summer cycling races here.

Maybe SBS, who in my opinion are becoming a brilliant TV station now, have a deal going where they give their opinions before the coverage then.

Or they just merge in into world coverage, because its called Versus here, which is not at all related to OLN.

I wish we got Liggett and Sherwen. It's on British Eurosport here for the live show which means we get Sean Kelly (who is almost impossible to understand), David Duffield (he is OK) and sometimes some strange American bint who knows nothing about the sport.

Liggett and Sherwen are great for this event. They make it easy to understand for people who have never watched before, yet they never get boring if you've already seen a few Tours. Bob Roll adds some nice comedic touches sometimes as well.

I wish we got Liggett and Sherwen. It's on British Eurosport here for the live show which means we get Sean Kelly (who is almost impossible to understand), David Duffield (he is OK) and sometimes some strange American bint who knows nothing about the sport.

Ah, so thats where Sean Kelly is.

I count how many times Paul Sherwen says "I was talking to the great Sean Kelly, 4 times winner of the Green Jersey at the Tour De Frace" or "Sean Kelly, 4 times winner of the Green Jersey said to me earlier", and yesterday he said it 7 times.

Wow, 17.5km's to go and Paul Sherwen hasn't mentioned Sean Kelly yet!!

Edit: WOW, not one mention of Sean Kelly at all.

Great stage today. I cant wait for tomorrow, Im going for Cadal Evans.

Last edited:
Yes I agree, you can see all of France without having to go through any of that.
Anyways Boonen finally won a stage. I think everyone knew that he would it was just a matter of time. Good of Bradley Wiggens to try such a bold move, but of coarse almost every breakaway will get caught. I think this is the last day we will see Cancellara with the yellow Jersey. Good stage today though.

I was right, the jersey finally changes hands. Cancellara sure got far behind though. But this will be better for CSC since they don't have to slipstream him all the time. I not sure if he has a chance but I really want Levi Leipheimer to win.

Cadal Evans to win.

I say we have a battle to the death to settle it.

I'll win, cos I'll bring a bicycle and call the cops and tell them that you are within 50m of a bike :p

Edit: Does anyone know if that Spanish rider who got a push up the hill for a few seconds by a spectator got a time penalty? Phil Liggett said that he will get a time penalty even though he didnt ask for the push, and if it happened for too long he'd be disqualified. Anyone hear anymore about it?

Last edited:
Big crash, rider over the barriers, now Levi Leipheimer has lost his chain.

Im loving this tour!!

Good stage today, funny thing was yesterday after the stage I was really wondering were Rasmussen was remembering him being in front of Lance for that bit a few years ago. Anyways well good to see him in Yellow. If theres anyone I want to see win the Polka dot Jersey its him. Robbie McEwen for Green. White, does not matter to me.

Good stage today, funny thing was yesterday after the stage I was really wondering were Rasmussen was remembering him being in front of Lance for that bit a few years ago. Anyways well good to see him in Yellow. If theres anyone I want to see win the Polka dot Jersey its him. Robbie McEwen for Green. White, does not matter to me.

McEwen is out son, didn't make the time limit.

I'll win, cos I'll bring a bicycle and call the cops and tell them that you are within 50m of a bike :p

Edit: Does anyone know if that Spanish rider who got a push up the hill for a few seconds by a spectator got a time penalty? Phil Liggett said that he will get a time penalty even though he didnt ask for the push, and if it happened for too long he'd be disqualified. Anyone hear anymore about it?

I believe that he did indeed receive a time penalty.

Definately not Australia's day hey. Rogers has a dislocated shoulder, sore wrist and knee. McEwen is still injured and missed the cut and poor Stuart O'Grady, he fell during descent and this is his list of injuries...

- fractured five ribs
- fractured right shoulder blade
- fractured right collar bone
- fractured three vertebrae
- punctured right lung.

Im going for Cadal Evans, although I think Rasmussen will be hard to beat.

Last edited: