Too many damn cars??

Mercs range is a bit long, but there making profit so clearly its doing good for business. the B-class btw for the person who asked the differences is a bit longer, its more of a MPV version of the C-class. and the CLK is a convertible, where as the CL is a hard top

Very simple brand managment. When they keep the car model names short they dont have to advertise them indivudually. Instead they just have to promote Mercedes which benefits each model. American car companies are very poor at this. Compare GM and Ford model names to BMW, Audi, Citroen, Peugeot, Ferrari, Volvo, Saab, Lexus and Porsche. Althoug Porsche only works cause the image Porsche is built so strongy around the 911.

Nobody says they drive a "E", they say they drive a Mercedes. Compare to a saying "I drive a Corvette" instead of a Chevrolet. Same problem with Impala and Malibu.

How the Japanese manage whit this I dont know, but they usually do thing differently anyway.

I am also a huge Porsche fan so I don't think there is any confusion :p each model has a clear place..
Hmmm... even as a car enthusiast I never got the hang of that. It does look like endelss little tweaks to the 911, and I have no idea which is which or why... ;) Then again, I'm not a Porsche fan. I do respect them for their demonstrated steadfastness and quality, though.

...except for the Cayman.....
To non-disciples, that can be seen as Porsche finally placing an accessible model outside of the 911 footprint... except for the long gone front engined Porsches of course.

I won't even comment on the Mercedes model ranges... :blink:

DJ
--

Variety is the spice of life.

I've found that doesn't hold true with Chinese food. Chinese places with too many options are pointless cuz nobody in America strays from the 7 or 8 usual items, maybe once in a while they try something new just cuz its there but i've found it never sticks
I won't even comment on the Mercedes model ranges...
Makes a great drinking game when ure hanging out on the porch with friends...tho it depends alot on the area where you live

The R-class and the GL-Class fill niches that no one is asking for.
The R-class is a bit like a, well.. what's the Ford People carrier? Galaxy? It's a bit like a "Ford Galaxy Shelby GT500" or something. Now. WHAT THE F*CK!

Then what is the difference between the CLK and the CL?
Uhm, the CLK is like a CL which is bigger, but at the same time, there's a CLK cabrio, isn't there? But isn't there a small model of the CLK, which looks like a Kia? Uhm..

Viano, Vaneo (god that one sucked), Vito, Sprinter, GLK. :p

Uhm, the CLK is like a CL which is bigger, but at the same time, there's a CLK cabrio, isn't there? But isn't there a small model of the CLK, which looks like a Kia? Uhm..

Good point, they should bring out a CL cabrio. :)

The CL is a cruiser, a big comfortable S klasse coup? with lots of space for lugages and 4people.

The CLK on the other hand is a coup? or a cabriolet more sporty than the CL but not as practical , trust me the backseats are useless (learnt it the hard way by travelling in the back of a CLK 63 amg for 1hour, crappy place to be, would have been more comfortable to travel in the boot of my barchetta ! )

Mercedes sports cars, if the end in L they are big and fast and if the end in LK they are smaller and less quick. So the CLK is a mini CL and the SLK is a little SL

The CL is a cruiser, a big comfortable S klasse coup? with lots of space for lugages and 4people.

The CLK on the other hand is a coup? or a cabriolet more sporty than the CL but not as practical , trust me the backseats are useless (learnt it the hard way by travelling in the back of a CLK 63 amg for 1hour, crappy place to be, would have been more comfortable to travel in the boot of my barchetta ! )

Couldn't have been worse than my travel in a S14 200SX. I'm about 6 feet, and I was behind a 6 feeter. And I'm a bit on the heavy side as well. But I survived, I surtainly did. :p