Porsche vs Greenpeace - golden :D

hehehehe do you rev it a couple of times before planting it an leaving in a gaggle of tyre squealing and smoke?

Three tonnes. 98Kw. Fat, knobbly tyres. Old, worn out clutch from teaching me to drive, and my father's endless experiments with backing which usually end with us man-handling the trailer :p I can't do a smoking start... I do make an awful lot of noise though, that big 4.2 SCREAMS at high(3000 +) revs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102486 View Post
Who's the david they're talking about?

Hasselhoff

hahaha! :lol::lol:

When will people realise that fuel consumption does NOT equal good for the environment?

They won't. At least not the same folks who tried to ban water. For instance, I have an old Yamaha 250cc 2-stroke enduro bike. Sure it gets like 70mpg (or something like 3l/100km iirc), but is that little oil burner any good for the enviroment? Hell no :lol:.

aaah that's a classic example of the difference between Ferrari and Porsche. If Greenpeace did that to Ferrari, they'd just Rev their V12s.

They won't. At least not the same folks who tried to ban water. For instance, I have an old Yamaha 250cc 2-stroke enduro bike. Sure it gets like 70mpg (or something like 3l/100km iirc), but is that little oil burner any good for the enviroment? Hell no :lol:.

Yep and other things....

For example: Burning Hydrogen in air is not totally environmentally friendly.......as I will now demonstrate

What the Lentil eating Lesbians, Mazda Rotory Nuts, BMW and Joe public see:

H2 (hydrogen) + 02 (Oxygen) = H20 (Water)

(Sorry I'm not going to balance the equation)

ZOMG! All you get is water! its Envronmentally friendly!!!1!!!11

*sigh*

There is a flaw there since the air we breath is only 20% Oxygen......and what makes up the rest? Nitrogen! Infact there are 4 Nitrogens for every Oxygen....so the equation should be:

(In the tired eyes of Mechanics who have to deal with emmision control systems and get really angry when they have to argue with the "great unwashed" and we are only dealing with high school chemisty!)

O2 (Oxygen) + 4N2 (Nitrongen) + H2 (Hydrogen) = H20 (Water) + NO2 (Nitrogen Dioxide)

Again I'm not going to balance the equation, sometimes Di-Nitrogen Monoxide (Yes Nitros Oxide) and Di-Nitrogen Tetraoxide (Think Nitros but much better....is a very commonly used Rocket fuel....Look up Russia's Proton Booster) are produced. All oxides of Nitrogen are very toxic.

Now before you jump up in the air and go "Nitrogen doesn't react with Oxygen!" It doesn't......at room temperature....however once the temperatures reach around 1000 Degrees, like say in a engines combusion chamber, it does!

...and whats the major component of smog? Let me make this quite clear is isn't carbon di-oxide....

Yes a overview of this nice gas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_dioxide

So people say "we'll just run the engine cooler" Nice idea sadly with any combusion engine the higher efficiencies are normally around very lean fuel mixtures which mean more heat. Water injection is a good idea, however it means people have to put two "fuels" in their cars and sadly as GM found out (whoever thinks GM never tried is a idiot) people don't like doing that....its too hard.

And also we have to lubricate the motor somhow, which means hydrocarbon based lubricants, which again get burnt. Ooooo now we have carbon emmisions (admitly not much.....however its much worse in Rotory engines) Now these suckers don't always burn correctly producing Carbon monoxide or in some cases don't burn at all......in both cases they are quite nasty.

In normal cars we have a wonderful device called a three way (or two way) Catalytic converter which converts these wonderful gasses into nice ones, however they easily get poisoned, need time to warm up and melt at high temperatures. There are a heap of other problems but on the balance I belive they are quite good. However when the car is cold these nastys are going to escape.....see no matter what we burn we are never going to be smog free.

I could go through this with the pros and cons of other fuels etc, but they are all flawed....sadly its seems either fuel cells or RTG's in cars are the only way to go....

sorry for my rants....I should write up a sticky....

Last edited:
aaah that's a classic example of the difference between Ferrari and Porsche. If Greenpeace did that to Ferrari, they'd just Rev their V12s.

And catch fire and burn down the whole factory by accident ;)

im gonna go idle my car, and do a few smokey burnouts out the front of my nearest greenpeace office. do they have one in sydney?

Mate, you're looking for a tent or some such thing :p

The idiots... they had to buy those cars, drive them to wherever they protest... two faced criminals. Pigs.
That paint had to be made in a factory somewhere... those balloons in at the back of the BMW are filled with gas or something it comes in a pressurised tank that had to be FORGED... think of the pollution... :S

Allso, that is very insulting towards pigs, because they taste better than cars.
PETA to the rescue.

^_^

@kabumm:
nice chemistry lesson :D

you forgot the most important part though... in order to produce hydrogen in the first place you need massive amounts of electricity, and since (according to greenpeace and their friends) nuclear power is evil, we will have to burn lots of fossil fuels before we even put the stuff anywhere near a car...

:mrgreen:

And even if we do, Hydrogen's energy density is nowhere near that of any mineral or bio-fuel. So we end up with less powerful cars, polluting more. Victory for communism!

@kaBOOMn:

Damn you!! Now I have a headache!!

and the protesters bodies would be found in next weeks pig food coutesy of the mafia

Sorry lads :) Its called the honest truth......Chemistry wise its the same for every fuel. No matter what you burn (biofuels included) with atmospheric oxgen you are going to get those problems.

The low density of Hydrogen is a major problem, and due to its low molecular weight it will get through ANY hole in any tank, past virtually any seal. NASA, ESA and Rosaviakosmos all have problems dealing with liquid Hydrogen fuel in their space boosters.....Hydrogen is usually O.K when put in a rocket and then launched a day later, but leave it any longer and you run into problems.

What I don't get, is that one Smart car they've dressed up.. That's more environmentally friendly than a Prius, than pretty much anything..

So what cars do they want us to drive?

I think I'm attacking this from the wrong side.

"YOU SHOULD NOT DRIVE!"

What I don't get, is that one Smart car they've dressed up.. That's more environmentally friendly than a Prius, than pretty much anything..

I think the only real problem our planet has is that the people who are trying to save it the most are also the most ignorant when it comes to the technology involved...