'97 jeep grand cherokee limited - up country

superchevy

Car(s)
'03 honda s2k
just got it on the 4th. it's stock for now, but some of the planned immediate upgrades:
- 3.5" - 4.5" lift and tires
- an arb or kevin's bull bar
- safari rack
- rock sliders
- whatever performance shit i can find (intake, exhaust, headers...)

jeep03.jpg

jeep04.jpg

Last edited:
There's a company that makes a bolt-on blower for that thing.

i think that's gale banks that makes the blower kit, but i'm not a big fan of turbos. besides, i really don't need all that. if i do decide on forced induction, it'll be a supercharger.

Doesn't "blower" mean supercharger?

It can sometimes mean blower as in "leafblower" as in an electric supercharger commonly used by aspiring rice car owners whose bank accounts are only slightly larger than the number of brain cells in their possession. :p

Nice! I've always loved Jeeps, Pre 2005 ones are all Good, going alittle soft with the new Compass and stuff. V8 or i6?

Every person I've ever met who has owned a Jeep loves it, and they last forever too.

My uncle had a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.9L Magnum V8. It has over 300,000km on the odometer and its still going strong; its unbelievable.

Are you looking at running 33's w/ the lift?
probably 32" tires.

i was about to get a k&n "fipk" cold air intake and/or complete exhaust system, but:
- i think my alternator is about to die.
- my a/c clutch is worn out, but i'm gonna go ahead a replace the whole compressor assembly. the compressor and clutch together costs like $20 more than if i were to buy a just a new a/c clutch.
<_<

^ thanks, but the zj doesn't have a lift yet. actually, the up-country package's springs are ~1" taller than standard.

just got back from "freaky friday" @ fayetteville motorsports park. i wanted to see what the zj would do in completely stock trim, all-terrain tires, and with 171,000+ miles. i raced a ricer civic both times, and won each race.

run 1: launched from idle (~600 rpm); upshifted at 3-4k rpm
60 ft: 2.3
1/4: 16.515 @ 79 mph
civic: 16.9

run 2: launched from 1k rpm; upshifted at 5k rpm
60 ft: 2.4
1/4: 16.518 @ 82 mph
civic: 16.6

My uncle had a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.9L Magnum V8. It has over 300,000km on the odometer and its still going strong; its unbelievable.

Wow, that is pretty unbelievable! A reliable Chrysler product!

:ninja:

things keep coming up, so i still haven't really been able to anything as far as upgrading the jeep. however, i've taken it off-roading and mudding a couple of times. there's a pretty nice spot down my way...

i tried going through this waterhole once before at speed (~20 mph), and made it nearly to the other side before bogging down and flooding the engine. this time, i tried crawling through it, and got high-centered on mud. where i'm trying to cross is where the mud bottom is the "hardest". 2ft either way, and it's sooooooft. take one step there and you'll be up to your balls in mud. after winching me out, a guy in a wrangler sitting on 32" tried riding over the humps instead of driving through the ruts, but the humps slide out from underneath and he got stuck too.

1.jpg

i'm in the jeep trying to keep the motor alive (i flooded it twice the week before this, and it still runs fine to this day).
03.jpg

got 2ft of water (and rising) inside the cabin? might as well have another beer.
05.jpg

07.jpg

this is a small (2ft) mude hole at the property entrance.
13.jpg

10.jpg

not bad for a stock zj w/ the factory "up-country" suspension pkg on nearly bald atr's, eh? the hill isn't as steep as this photo makes it seem though. i'm gonna be honest.
11.jpg

i've got some nice videos and other pics that i'll post later on.

Looks like fun!

Hopefully the lift will come soon! It'll be great!