California Colleges

They are pretty bad. They accept anyone with a pulse.

"A college? Erm, like, what's that?"

I actually went to Santa Ana College. It's pretty ghetto, you'll need to learn some Spanish to get around town (j/k). There's the sister campus that is much nicer, Santiago Canyon College. Here's their website - http://www.rsccd.org/homex.asp

Well the two College's you linked for are for Auto Tech School, not Engineering. That is more for people who wish to work on cars as mechanics and for that any local community college will offer it. De Anza up here has a good rep for being a good College as they get a lot of students from people working in Tech industry.

As for accepting anyone with a pulse, well yeah that is true but that is what College is here in the US. Its suppose to give you a second chance to get you to University or to learn things University's dont cover like Automotive Tech, Welding and etc. Also they are a lot cheaper then University ($20 per unit here in CA for a Public College) and in CA we have a very good Public College System and a lot of the classes are set to University of CA standards. So to assume they are all bad is wrong, if you are part of there transfer program they will always hold you to a higher standard.

If your looking for Engineering, then you want to want a four year University to go too but in CA be warn that for all the public school (College or University) they charge much higher tuition for non-residents/non-citizens as the public system here is funded in part by Tax (and the State University are actually "Free" for resident, you are only really paying Fee's not tuition's). Another option is to go to a College (Community College or Private) for two years and then transfer to a Four Year University.

Why arent these Universities inclueded in a any college search engine,there almost the same!

Well the two College's you linked for are for Auto Tech School, not Engineering. That is more for people who wish to work on cars as mechanics and for that any local community college will offer it. De Anza up here has a good rep for being a good College as they get a lot of students from people working in Tech industry.

As for accepting anyone with a pulse, well yeah that is true but that is what College is here in the US. Its suppose to give you a second chance to get you to University or to learn things University's dont cover like Automotive Tech, Welding and etc. Also they are a lot cheaper then University ($20 per unit here in CA for a Public College) and in CA we have a very good Public College System and a lot of the classes are set to University of CA standards. So to assume they are all bad is wrong, if you are part of there transfer program they will always hold you to a higher standard.

If your looking for Engineering, then you want to want a four year University to go too but in CA be warn that for all the public school (College or University) they charge much higher tuition for non-residents/non-citizens as the public system here is funded in part by Tax (and the State University are actually "Free" for resident, you are only really paying Fee's not tuition's). Another option is to go to a College (Community College or Private) for two years and then transfer to a Four Year University.

Yea I was going to recommend University of California Berkeley or Los Angeles, but both will rape your wallet up the wall. I'm talking about $40K USD per year if you live on campus. But as Zuhaib mentioned, there is a difference between auto technical school and automotive engineering. If you want the latter, you could go to a school of engineering at University of California and study mechanical engineering to open doors into the automotive world.

I go to UC Riverside and the tuition is probably the lowest out of all the UC schools (around $2300 per quarter + books + living expenses). I'm still living at home with my parents so I save a lot by living off-campus. You could also try looking at a Cal State college, like Cal State Fullerton or Cal Poly Pomona.

College in the US actually doesn't necessarily mean community college (it just means that they offer no post-graduate degrees). It seems to be a huge pain in the ass to come to the states to study at a community college.
A CSU or UC is stronger, but much more expensive. Still, out of CA tuition is only like $24k.