Tiff Needell -> Good or bad?

Tiff Needell -> Good or bad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5/10. He's a fantastic driver, but he has about as much depth and entertaining value as a pot plant.

The word itself means bat in Spanish and they pronounce it Mercy-A-Lago

:confused: ahhh .... that explains it! Dunno why I assumed it was an Italian name ...

I think I'll go back to pronouncing it 'phwoar!'. :D

hes had some crap reviews, but when he can still crank out good reviews on occasion

i don't see how the videos above are fair, i mean i know i hated the Alfa 159 review he did in season 10, but the Audi R8 review made up for it, bigtime

Are you sure? Last time I checked, there was no such thing as a soft 'c' in Italian. Therefore, 'Mercy-A-Largo' would have to be an incorrect pronunciation. 'Mer-chi-a-largo' is more likely to be correct.

actually i thought since its spanish, its supposed to be pronounced with the Catalan lisp, so 'Mur-thee-a-lago'

Great driver, but, as I've said it before, he is a bore as a presenter. He just doesn't have a natural tone, but he sounds like a news journalist reading from cue cards. The Top Gear presenters have a far more natural syle.

8/10

A driving god (no one on any of these shows comes close, minus maybe Jason), but all of the Top Gear presenters are hugely more entertaining and interesting to watch.

However, if I want to know how good a car performs rather than be entertained, Tiff's the man I'd look to.

8/10 for me as well. He is a fabulous driver, as such I trust the feedback he gives me about the cars and his driving is the entertainment. I love hearing about cars from his perspective.

8/10

he is a fantastic driver, he is very familiar with all different type of cars, including many race cars that most TV presenters dont get to drive. Becuase of his racing background, he gets invited to quite a few car shows & events every year, and personally i enjoy those review just as much as any normal reviews.

As a TV presenter, obviously he is not as good as Jeremy Clarkson, but i find him much more informative when reviewing cars. His opinion is less biased than JC and focuses more on the actual driving experience rather than the "passion" or "x-factor" that JC raves about. And lets not forget his ability to powerslide any car in any angle, while giving us the actual car feedback. This makes him a excellent presenter. TopGear needs the Stig to spice up the show, but from what i can see, Tiff Needell is the Stig, and he can do everything by himself : )

7/10, he's a fantastic driver and knows so (and his arrogance comes off in some reviews)

It's a Spanish word... but, wouldn't spaniards pronounce it
"Moorthy-elago" ?

He's legendary. Tiff may not be as entertaining as clarkson. But he does know what he's talking about. I love the way how he explained how the race cars he tested on old top gear react! Beside that's he's an old F1 driver and wasn't exactly unsuccesfull in sports car, You ought to have some respect for that!Thumbs up from me!

Here we are:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cLHqh4hqIY[/youtube]

Legendary report of a few BTCC cars

From old top gear has anyone have an idea which episode this is?

Last edited by a moderator:
as a presenter he is boring, but at the same time quite unique.... of course tiff should really just shut up and let his driving speak for him

as a presenter he is boring, but at the same time quite unique.... of course tiff should really just shut up and let his driving speak for him

i don't think he needs to shut up, he just needs to more carefully choose his words, instead of just blabbering on

i need some perspective besides what you get on TopGear, so for that alone hes worthwhile

Smug bellend - total twat - hope he shits himself in white trousers in front of a load of girls.

Then all these girls wouldn't want to sleep with him, a 50 something year old ex-racing driver that's married and has multiple children, that'll teach him.

In terms of road tests, he sometimes explains things better than Clarkson

i actually agree, maybe more presice is a better term then better though, because Tiff bearly makes me laugh

i will say although i think Tiff has potential to be properly entertaining, he has made some of the worst bits i have ever seen, my prime example would be from (i believe) the 1991 series of Topgear, where he talked about oversteer and understeer and snap oversteer, and car control, and did it such a way i wanted to shoot something

8/10 - He's awesome

He could be much more entertaining but his driving is the best of the presenters.