2007 Formula 1 Season

Re: Spyker. How can Spyker be called up and coming when they have been 3 seconds of the pace all year. Have sacked a driver and now have Yamamoto racing for them who didnt do that good in his few races last year.

Eddie should never have sold that team. Just think how different it would be right now if HHF had won the championship in 1999.

It's ok, Spyker will probably be for sale next year. ;)

Thats true actually, I should have checked the points (Spyker has none, STR have 1) but spyker has finished more races than STR

Spyker and STR are both on zero points.

^ STR have 1 point from last year. Spyker have none is what I think he meant.

Ferrari News

Ferrari News

Brawn in talks over Ferrari comeback
02 August 2007

Ross Brawn says he has begun talks with Ferrari about his possible role if he returns to the team after his time away from the sport. He has also moved to quash rumours that he may be joining a rival team.

"Ferrari asked me to discuss future options with them when I was ready to return to F1 and we've now begun those talks," Brawn was quoted as saying by the BBC. "Reports linking me with other teams are either inaccurate or speculation."

Brawn has been linked with Honda, and that speculation intensified over the past week after Nigel Stepney claimed in the Italian press that Brawn was considering a move elsewhere.

"The people and culture of Ferrari and Italy is in my blood and Ferrari is my team," Brawn added. "Ferrari is the only team I've discussed my future with."

Source

80561.jpg

80563.jpg

Raikkonen appears in gorilla suit at boat race
02 August 2007

Kimi Raikkonen is one of those drivers who isn't afraid to enjoy a life outside Formula 1. The Finnish Ferrari driver participated in a motorboat race in his home country. Kimi and his friends appeared on a boat in gorilla outfits.

Many of the spectators knew Raikkonen would attend the event but they were unable to recognise him easily as the Finn and his mates arrived in gorilla outfits. Raikkonen said about the event: "True, last weekend there was a motorboat meeting at Hanko and me and two friends of mine participated as a team on a boat with a real captain and a real helmsman. What a pity that us three were dressed like gorillas, we even won the prize for the best costumes! I had lots of fun and I hope that it will be the same during the upcoming weekend in Hungary.

Source

:lol: Kimi makes me laugh.

Yes!!! Ross is coming back!!!!

As for Kimi, people say he has no personality. He is the funniest man in F1!

I was watching RPM today and Peter Windsor said the Wall Street Journal has broke a story that apparently Super Aguri is going up for sale next week. He thinks the reason may be that Honda plan not to supply them with free engines from 2008 onwards. But, he said it's strictly a rumour at this stage.

Watch this space.

^ Well thats news to me. Why would Super Aguri be selling?

They've seen their future in the '07 Honda cars... and they don't like it :p

:censored: fbc and :censored: Devon giving me :censored: about the :censored: Honda's. Yes I know they have some :censored: issues, but next year they will be the :censored: best team around. So go and :censored: :censored: and :censored: :censored: :censored: ok!!

:lol: :D

Hmm that'd be a shame. SA have acheived a lot this season. I guess When Honda agreed to supply them with engines they didn't know SA would be the #1 Honda team and Honda would be the #2 Honda team, and now it makes commercial sense to stop them. I presume a new supply of engines would push them over their available budget so they don't really have a choice about continuing in F1.

Incase anyone wants to post the Alonso news, see 2008 driver line-up thread for Alonso leaving McLaren story.

http://img168.imageshack.**/img168/1741/image3vd8.jpg

NOW THATS BETTER!!

Damn, Geoff Willis has poached some of his Honda team to join him at Red Bull, so Honda are now on the look on for more employees on the technical side. RBR have also made some changes to accomodate Geoff's new team.

:cry: Why did we sack him?

Damn, Geoff Willis has poached some of his Honda team to join him at Red Bull, so Honda are now on the look on for more employees on the technical side. RBR have also made some changes to accomodate Geoff's new team.

:cry: Why did we sack him?

Is RBR's system flexible enough to accommodate all these new employees? They've recruited Smith (Renault), Newey (McLaren), Prodromou (McLaren), Willis (Honda, sort of), not to mention the people who came away with those above from those teams as well. Perhaps it's time to settle back now and let the design team gain some stability.

You sacked him because Honda (like Toyota) are a Japanese corporation whose management structures do not facilitate autocratic decision makers. Its all committee run, with no real progress ever being made. The success of 2006 was mostly from the management systems BAR still had in place, however fragmented they were (I still can't understand how Nick Fry has managed to keep his job...).

Last edited: