WTCC: Anderstorp

Karoug

Techno Viking
Car(s)
Scooter power!!
2 great races i think,Chevy dominating in the unpredictable weather..

And Rydell snatched the second race ahead of an upset Larini! :lol:

Rydell did two of the most awesome final laps I've ever seen. He came from seemingly nowhere to slice his way through the field to a win. Also, well done to Dahlgren in the Bio-power S60, he outclassed a lot of the field, including Priaulx, and got points. Thommo had a good weekend too!

nice races from the chevy guys again, congrats to them!:D

i watched the DTM race in between the two WTCC races and what a difference!
in the last lap on the finish straight at zandvort the leader who was on his way to his first first place finish in dtm had to give up his position to the second car and the guy third had to give up his first podium finish in the dtm to the fourth, all thanks to audis pit order. at the same time mercedes kept susi stoddart out without a pit stop until her tyres burst just to slow down the audis in front...

then comes the WTCC race and we see rydell furiously racing to a top position at his home race without being stopped by his team. that was great racing!

Rydell did two of the most awesome final laps I've ever seen. He came from seemingly nowhere to slice his way through the field to a win. Also, well done to Dahlgren in the Bio-power S60, he outclassed a lot of the field, including Priaulx, and got points. Thommo had a good weekend too!

Dahlgren is a regular in the STCC so he races at that circuit, but still: great job!!
All in all a good day for sweden too bad about the weather though..
And a note to other circuits: Build banked corners! How often do we get to see cars running door to door through a number of corners? That's the kind of racing we want!

Last edited:
didn't that have more to do with the track being wet on the inside but dry at the outside?

i watched the DTM race in between the two WTCC races and what a difference!
in the last lap on the finish straight at zandvort the leader who was on his way to his first first place finish in dtm had to give up his position to the second car and the guy third had to give up his first podium finish in the dtm to the fourth, all thanks to audis pit order. at the same time mercedes kept susi stoddart out without a pit stop until her tyres burst just to slow down the audis in front...

then comes the WTCC race and we see rydell furiously racing to a top position at his home race without being stopped by his team. that was great racing!

In truth, there propably were team orders in WTCC. Rickard just had a think about whether he wanted to win or be third in his home race. In race 1 he let both regular Chevy drivers eahead and into points. And good on him to 'fight the system', but it won't make it any easier for him to find a job for next year...

Quite an interesting pair of races yesterday, helped by the weather conditions.

didn't that have more to do with the track being wet on the inside but dry at the outside?

I've driven on that circuit and watched alot of races there.. And the banked corners really helps, I saw a STCC race there last year and several times there were 3 cars racing door to door.. And the track was dry..

Second race was a classic:D

Shame the WTCC keep screwing around with the car weights and stuff.

DTM is just s*** compared to WTCC, 2 manufacurers (oh yeah...that is real competition) and loads of carbonfibre parts flying around, I'm sure that is just what the fans want to see....unfortunately they do, I'd call it the Schumacher factor, everything related with DTM and everybody buys it (just like everybody was or still is running around with red hats from Schuey).

Can't wait to see the WTCC in Oschersleben on the 26th of August ;)

DTM is just s*** compared to WTCC, 2 manufacurers (oh yeah...that is real competition) and loads of carbonfibre parts flying around, I'm sure that is just what the fans want to see....unfortunately they do, I'd call it the Schumacher factor, everything related with DTM and everybody buys it (just like everybody was or still is running around with red hats from Schuey).

Can't wait to see the WTCC in Oschersleben on the 26th of August ;)

I agree with you. I used to be a DTM fan because of Ekstr?m, But I grew tired of it when i realized that there is only 2 drivers that are "allowed" to win the championship..

And the WTCC might have a few stupid rules with the weight penalties and all that, but it does create exciting racing!!