Which is the worst Topgear episode?

Its interesting that its only the 'new guys' here who likes Series 9. I wonder why.. ;)

I like series 9, and Im not a new guy. People just need to remember that it was rushed because of the accident, and also the car reviews would have been out-dated.

Its interesting that its only the 'new guys' here who likes Series 9. I wonder why.. ;)
Ive been watching top gear since series one thank you, oh and when i was a small child i watched old top gear with my dad so swivel on that lol

And yes your right about the Alfa Brera, RX8, TT thing i mean that just dragged on for too long. The gold thing was funny but the whole "which car would you put in a gallery" thing was stupid, it was always going to be the Alfa

FACT: Series 9 was watched by more people than ever

FACT: People enjoyed series 9, the fact they did more "fun" stuff, especially the stretched limosines!

FACT: Top Gear is now one of BBC2's most popular shows (if not THE most popular show)

OPINION: series 9 episode 2 (the one with the Rx8 golfing etc) was the worst episode yet

FACT: My favourite series was 9 and hopefully 10 will be similar.. with a little more car testing but just as much larking around :D

For me it's got to be that episode with that S-class converted into Clarkson's country cottage. It's not terrible, it's just IMO not up to the Top Gear standards I'm used to.

Ruining the radio station and restoring/driving the Rolls into a swimming pool weren't that interesting either.

Season 9 was fine. I must agree the Brera/TT/RX-8 comparison was ridiculous but it was still worth watching. As previously said, you need to put in consideration the season was delayed then crudely put together due to Richard's crash.

FACT: People enjoyed series 9, the fact they did more "fun" stuff, especially the stretched limosines!

FACT: Top Gear is now one of BBC2's most popular shows (if not THE most popular show)

OPINION: series 9 episode 2 (the one with the Rx8 golfing etc) was the worst episode yet

FACT: My favourite series was 9 and hopefully 10 will be similar.. with a little more car testing but just as much larking around :D

FACT: In my opinion series nine was an abomination.

FACT: I think you're an ass.

I didn't diss the hilux, was merely pointing out that it wasn't the best episode.

Season 3 Episode 9. The one where they ran out of money. It was supposed to be funny that they ran out of money, but the whole episode felt hollow.

Series nine was entertaining-ish but i really missed the small car reviews those're the funniest esp.when talking to a friend about it or showing him the episode, and just because everyone likes it doesnt mean its good, K-Car, Real World, American Idol(pop idol) I dont like a Top Gear that appeals to most. a couple challenge eps are ok but theres so much bitching about how X was fake/scripted when there'd be none of it if they just had reviews and maybe two or three challenges per series. which also gives them time to make em good.

Last edited:
I agree with you except for the review of the XJ6. That's actually one of my very favourite reviews.

Agreed, definitely definitely agree. Also agree that episode was a bit light.

I point you in the direction of the OXFORD ENGLISH dictionary (that's Oxford, as in Oxford in England) where the entry for arse is.. Arse!

Ps, I think you have an ego problem!

I've just realised that I'm confusing the 'farming' episode with the 'roadworks' episode. Those two are equally bad in my opinion so I can't decide.

I'm just going to paint the entire season nine with the one brush and say they're all pretty equally awful.

agree, these two segments sucked

I actually liked the making petrol segment, and am looking forward to seeing if it actually works! The tractors were cool. Was a great idea to do some challenges with them. The road works segment was pretty pointless, I know a few people who have been down that road since.. its not very interesting:lol:

season 4 episode 6, now that is like drowning in wallpaper paste, even the hot reanault doesnt save it