New Porsche GT model?

jona

Car(s)
Golf V TDI
don't know if it's a repost (searched but nothing found).. but here it is.

a spotter took some pictures at porsche factory at stuttgart ... they think it could be a new model

http://www.autogespot.com/eng/index.php?id=5

1.jpg

so long as this thread is about speculation, i heard of and didnt really believe that they were building a 'porsche GT carrera' which was supposed to be more like the 911 but with the GT underpinnings or something. Also i heard from the same guy,(like i said i dont really believe him or the magazines he heard it from) of the "Ferrari F460"

The Porsche GT is mid-engined,
the one in the photo probably has a rear mounted engine.

Look at the proportions.

There are persistant rumors of a modern-day 928 (FR coupe with the Cayenne's V8 turbo) based on the upcoming 4 door Panamera coupe.

However, that spy pic... I'm not sure if those are Porsche rims (too generic a 5 spoke IMO) and it's far too lumpy under the covers. Plus the rear end is so high in the air maybe it's a NASCAR.

Look at their impression of what it will look like.
impr.jpg

Haha FR cayman ftl.

Porsche design is going downhill.
First the Cayenne, then the Cayman, then the Panamera, now this?

The photoshopped image of the Porsche doesn't look very interesting to me. Hope the real deal (or whatever is under that cover) won't look like the one in the pic!

I've heard rumours of a new 928 in development based on the Panamera platform. Whether or not it's real, I don't know...

While I'd love to see a 928 successor, this is just a car under a cover - anything more is pure speculation.

ACTUALLY, that thing looks like a crashed older Porsche with a solid spoiler at the back and no rear bumper......and if that was a real prototype, do you really think porsche throws a nylon sheet over it and displays it outside?

There you go, once again Super-Zoom solved teh mystery!!11

http://img262.imageshack.**/img262/7272/94361241tp9.jpg

kinda looks wierd from what i could see, the backend looks very high and off the ground, almost like the backend of the E-type.

Btw that zoom REALLY helps lol its just a bluer, you could see it better before couldnt you? Or am i missing something

It's a 4-lug wheel, not a 5 lug as Porsche is currently using.

It's a crashed 911 type.

Actually, Porsche used 5 Lug rims at least since the 928 and imho this IS a 5 lug rim.........

See the comparison:

http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/3923/70165994ax8.jpg

996carrera4side.jpg

kinda looks wierd from what i could see, the backend looks very high and off the ground, almost like the backend of the E-type.

Btw that zoom REALLY helps lol its just a bluer, you could see it better before couldnt you? Or am i missing something

Well, it is sitting in a garage area, so the reason it might be sitting so high is that the engine was pulled at the time (rear engine car if this was the case).

I for one think the Cayman is a really neat car and works well for those who don't want the 911. The Cayenne is also one of the smartest things they have done, as its selling like gangbusters. The only downside to it is that its got the V8 gas guzzler and its fugly, but otherwise its by far the best car in its class and can hold its own doing off road or on (including on the track if you so wished). The Panamera I'm not sure about and will be interested to see what the final product is and how it will be recieved.

JH