Hammonds Dodge Charger Pictures

look's good
bet it's a beast under that bonet

watch any Charger video in Youtube , you can barley hear something beyond the engine noise :lol:

The Dodge Charger is HANDS DOWN, the best looking car ever built. The old one of course, not the slightly altered 300 thats out now.

Are. You. Nuts?

I agree actually, it's not beautiful in the same way as a Ferrari Daytona or a Lamborghini with their swooping lines, but it has immense presence and looks fantastic.

It's his car, he opened God knows how many crime scenes and whatever to pay for it, the only thing that matters is that HE likes it, not some bloke on Italian internet.

Not around corners :D

Hell, if we take the big block camaro, i think it will even eat a charger in the 1/4, remember how heavy the dodge is?

Plus, its a dodge, so it will break on the way to the track :D Plus, there is something to be said for being super-pretty, and the camaro is!

Last edited:

Hell, if we take the big block camaro, i think it will even eat a charger in the 1/4, remember how heavy the dodge is?

Plus, its a dodge, so it will break on the way to the track :D Plus, there is something to be said for being super-pretty, and the camaro is!

Its not about the numbers , its about passion and David Attenborough :lol:

If I may. The '69 Mustang Boss 429.

It's got more power, a lot more power.

That's just a rumour... Have you actually driven one that you are so sure it has "a lot more power".
Realistically, a 426 Hemi puts out about 450bhp. How much of it goes to the rear tires is a mystery though...
The fact is, quoting an official muscle car field guide. A 68 Hemi Charger officially made a run of 13.54@101mph. a 68 Camaro SS Big Block 396 ran flat 15@94mph. A Boss 429 in 1969 ran at 14.09@102mph. Those are official results from completely stock cars. The Hemi Charger is by far the fastest...until 1970 when the Hemi Challenger and Hemi Cuda took his title.

The Camaro may have won more series championships than Ford, AMC, or Dodge, but I still :love: my Challenger:
WEB11-75758.jpg

70TA340SixPak2.jpg

:drool:

That's just a rumour... Have you actually driven one that you are so sure it has "a lot more power".
Realistically, a 426 Hemi puts out about 450bhp. How much of it goes to the rear tires is a mystery though...
The fact is, quoting an official muscle car field guide. A 68 Hemi Charger officially made a run of 13.54@101mph. a 68 Camaro SS Big Block 396 ran flat 15@94mph. A Boss 429 in 1969 ran at 14.09@102mph. Those are official results from completely stock cars. The Hemi Charger is by far the fastest...until 1970 when the Hemi Challenger and Hemi Cuda took his title.

Seen the papers from stock 69s. They normally produce between 500 and 525 bhp.

For insurance, they were rated as 375, while the Chargers were rated as 425 if I am not mistaken?

And I am sure you appreciate that suspension, aerodynamics and not say tires plays a BIG part.

But from every single source I've viewed, the Boss 429 appears to knock out every other muscle car when it comes to power. And I like that. :p

Sorry guys, but I don't really see how a charger is more beautiful than just about any classic ferrari. I guess it really is in the eye of the beholder

If I may. The '69 Mustang Boss 429.

It's got more power, a lot more power.

You've clearly never heard of a 426 HEMI before have you. :p

For insurance, they were rated as 375, while the Chargers were rated as 425 if I am not mistaken?

The 440 Cubic-inch V8 was rated at 375, but actually made around 425-450, the 426 Hemi was rated at 425 horsepower, but actually put out around 500-550.

You've clearly never heard of a 426 HEMI before have you. :p
Yes I have. :p But the 429 was a HEMI too, don't forget that!

The 440 Cubic-inch V8 was rated at 375, but actually made around 425-450, the 426 Hemi was rated at 425 horsepower, but actually put out around 500-550.
Then I will accept that. The 426 HEMI makes out between 75 and 125 extra horsepower, while the Boss 429 HEMI makes out between 100 and 150 extra horsepower. :p

Even if the 426 HEMI is a tiny bit more powerful. Hrmpf.

(I am not arguing, just a soar loser, I love the Boss 429 HEMI. :p)